PDA

View Full Version : is there a good home bre recipe for wheel cleaner?

31st330i
01-24-2002, 04:53 PM
I really like the meguair`s #36 but it`s expensive and not available in bulk. I`ve heard that the P21S is really good as well and it is available in bulk but still expensive. I probably go through more wheel cleaner than any other detailing product so the cost really adds up.

are there any home brew recipes that you folks use? I`ve even thought about buying the P21S and mixing it 50%/50% with water to make it last longer (you gotta scrub the wheels either way).

just washing the wheels with the car wash solution alone doesn`t work as well in my opinion. it`s cheaper but the wheels seem to lack luster when done. what I like doing is cleaining and scrubing the wheels with a good wheel cleaner then when I wash the car, I follow up on the wheels with the wash mit (BTW, I keep three wash mits - two for the paint and one for fender well lips, muffler tips, wheels and the bottom side of the rocker panels).

thanks in advance if you have a home brew wheel cleaner recipe. :bow

BradE
01-24-2002, 05:22 PM
Don`t really have a home brew wheel cleaner. I do use Eimann Fabrik High Intensity though. It`s $20/ gallon and you can mix it 50/50 with water and it`s still works great. You can also use it to clean your tires and it will remove browning. :up

31st330i
01-24-2002, 05:27 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Eimann Fabrik High Intensity though. It`s $20/ gallon and you can mix it 50/50 with water and it`s still works great. [/b]</blockquote>
thanks! where can it be purchased on-line? does Eimann they have a web site?

boywonder
01-24-2002, 05:28 PM
I usually buy mine at www.properautocare.com.

BradE
01-24-2002, 05:30 PM
You can get it at either www.properautocare.com or www.tacscar.com

YoSteve
01-24-2002, 05:38 PM
prevention is the key, use a synthetic polymer sealant and you will only need regular car wash soap and a sponge to clean your wheels.

31st330i
01-24-2002, 05:59 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by YoSteve.Com [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>prevention is the key, use a synthetic polymer sealant and you will only need regular car wash soap and a sponge to clean your wheels. [/b]</blockquote>
yeah, I`ve been putting this off but may do this. iit`s been recommended to use a Klasse all in one product..??

imported_Wes
01-24-2002, 06:06 PM
I use Zaino Z2 on wheels and works great.

Those M68`s are a pain to keep clean.

Get some foam paint brushes($1 for 3 Walmart) to make cleaning them easier.

31st330i
01-24-2002, 06:09 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by gti [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I use Zaino Z2 on wheels and works great.
Those M68`s are a pain to keep clean. [/b]</blockquote>
hehe... yeah they are. I`m still Zaino-phobic, though. ;)

imported_Wes
01-24-2002, 06:41 PM
Ok. I am sure Zaino, Klasse or Blackfire could give you good results if you do it properly.

But I think sealing BMW wheels with a synthetic is a must do. Those brake dust are horrible.

31st330i
01-24-2002, 06:45 PM
it`s no that bad for me since I try to clean the car and wheels once a week.

andrew43
01-25-2002, 05:51 PM
My "home brew" is nothing more than a solution of 33% Meguiar`s Soft Car Wash Gel and 67% water. I put it in a spray bottle and shake/swirl it before using. I give a few squirts on the wheel and a few on the tire. Then, after some agitation with my OXO wheel brush, they come clean with some simple hose water. This works tremendously well and is useful when I had to take the cars through the touchless car wash a couple times this winter :eek:

I used that car wash because I had it around, it is cheap, and works great.

One thing i forgot to mention is that I have a coat of zaino z2 on the BMW wheels, which does help prevent the dust from really sticking.

Don2000g
01-26-2002, 10:59 AM
Definitely give the EF Hi Intensity a try. Its a very versatile product. Laters