PDA

View Full Version : Different shapes of Pads for PC and Rotories

imported_JeffBruce
01-13-2002, 11:44 AM
I see there are different Pads by different manufactors. There are Meguires that Flat, theirs another that is shaped inward so no splattering happens and another that is not exactly flat....what are there negative and postitive differences ??

Jeff

Rokkz
01-13-2002, 09:35 PM
Jeff

FYI

I use a 3M foam pad that consist of dimples which seems to glide over the painted surface easier and hold a little more product due to the greater surface area avoiding having to apply the product as often.

Cheers

Shane

Glozz
01-13-2002, 09:52 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by JeffBruce [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I see there are different Pads by different manufactors. There are Meguires that Flat, theirs another that is shaped inward so no splattering happens and another that is not exactly flat....what are there negative and postitive differences ??
Jeff [/b]</blockquote>
You`ll be hard pressed to get a better pad for a rotary or D.A. polisher then from 3M or Meguiar`s. Meguiar`s has a line called "Softbuff", I use them with a rotary and a D.A. and I love them. 3M`s textured pads are tops as well!

flatstastic
01-14-2002, 09:38 AM
I like the "edge" pads I forget who makes them but I get them from my automagic distributor.

They have almost a point on the edge instead of being square, nice for getting into body lines etc.