PDA

View Full Version : abreviations and Production Car Care

JayJ
06-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Being SUPER NEW to these forums I have one question that will prove how new I am...Is there a place with a break down of what all the abreviations used on these forums mean??? I see tons of them used for what I assume are products or maybe even tools used in the process of detailing an automobile.

Second, a friend of mine works for a local company that manufactures car care products. They cover all over california as far as I know. He sells mostly to dealerships and automotive paint and repair shops as far as I can tell. I was wondering if any of you have heard of or used the products known as "Production Car Care" or something along those lines? I have used them on my own car and had some good results, but wonder how they stack up to the stuff you guys use in your businesses.

Bill D
06-17-2004, 07:11 PM
Here`s most:

http://www.autopia.org/display.php?file=acronyms.htm

CharlesW
06-17-2004, 08:15 PM
A list of acronyms on the Detail City site can be found with this link.

http://www.detailcity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2572&highlight=acronyms

Charles

69 GTO Judge
06-18-2004, 12:00 PM
Welcome to Detail City. :dcrules

69 GTO Judge
06-18-2004, 12:05 PM
Welcome to Detail City. :dcrules

DLR Detailing
06-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Welcome to DC! Lots of great info available here. A local supplier in my area carries this line of products. I use some of the waxes and polishes. Decent stuff. Product familiarity is the key to good results. If your friend can get a you good deal on the supplies, you can`t go wrong. Beats going to Super Mart. Please continue to read the threads here at DC. You will find there are several great products available from the sponsors.
Good Luck!

Dave

JayJ
06-20-2004, 03:08 AM
No doubt I will continue to read. My wife and I are contemplating starting a mobile detailing service. We plan to employ her brother and are looking into what products are available out there.
I probably will get a good deal from my friend on his products, but I have been reading a lot about the products that are popular on this website and admitt I am more interested in seeing the performance of all these products versus Production. Once we have had a chance to try them all out we can decide what product or combination of products we will be using.

AtlantaBoy
06-20-2004, 01:31 PM
I have used Production`s Clear Flim Polish and Cutting Cream. I didn`t really like either of them.

dafowl1
06-20-2004, 09:58 PM
Welcome sure wish I would`ve asked that question when I first started here I could`ve save myslf a whole lot of search time