PDA

View Full Version : Klasse questions/comments

JN99
01-08-2002, 01:44 AM
I finally got around to applying Klasse (2 x AIO, 1 x SG) over the weekend, and must say I am pleased with the results.

First, AIO is a dream, easy on, easy off and a decided improvement in the appearance and feel of the paint was immediately evident. I really wanted to layer some more AIO but it seems the consenus is there`s no benefit in that. Too bad, the stuff is a pleasure to use.

Then it was on the the coat of SG. I applied with a damp MF applicator, then let it sit for a few hours. When I finally went to buff out the SG I knew instantly what the haze everyone mentions was. Man that stuff is TOUGH to get off. No amount of rubbing (at least of which I am capable) was going to get it off in some spots. YoSteve`s breath mist technique worked well, but I coudn`t see breathing all over the entire car! So I tried using the Sonus QD spray on MF and that worked great :up Another round with the Sonus to finish up and the car looks better than ever!

So, here are my questions:

1) Klasse products are both water soluble and I read here somewhere that you can make your own QD with one. Which one, AIO or SG and has anyone here tried it? Like it?

2) I like the Sonus QD, and it smells great, but it`s a little pricey. Other than Meguiars, what else works well with Klasse as a QD? Is there any real advantage to using Sonus? (I think the advantage may well be in removing the SG haze, it sure worked for me)

3) I think the culprit in the SG haze I had may be the water in the applicator, not the SG. I followed the instructions that came with my kit from CMA, but I am now wondering if dampening the applicator with QD or using it dry would be better? How are you guys applying SG?

4) How would a Zaino, BF, or other polymer type sealant work over AIO instead of SG? Has anyone tried this and what are your thoughts?

JN

Andre'
01-08-2002, 02:08 AM
#1. I used 1/4oz of SG and 32oz of H20 with bad results, haze city.

#2. Sonus has Acrylic in it just like Klasse, it helps extends the life of Klasse. FI and Eagle one WIS work well in removeing the haze from the Klasse.

#3. I use a damp app when applying AIO and a dry one with SG.

#4. Try it if you like it see what it does. In my opinion i use one product line per car.

Laters.

mx5
01-08-2002, 08:36 AM
Here is what I found if you mix two capfuls of SG and 16 ounces water. Shake well, spray it on, let it sit for a few seconds and wipe off with a MicroFiber towel. It replenishes the coat of SG on your vehicle and leaves a great shine. The SG acts as a slight lubricant itself to prevent scratching but may not be as lubed as Sonus or other QDs. You may want to use bottled water instead of tap. I have only used this after a wash, to remove left over water spots or only a day or two after a wash.

JN99
01-09-2002, 02:53 AM
I read on another site (www.customacrylic.com) to use the AIO as a QD base and even for a wash. So now I am confused, is it the SG or AIO that can be used as a QD, or will either work?

Andre'
01-09-2002, 03:50 AM
AIO has cleaners and strong solvents in it, so it may remove some of the SG layer, thats bad if it`s a new coat. If the coat of SG is old it may be a good thing, either should work as a QD.

I have used AIO as a wash with not so good results.

DETAILKING
01-09-2002, 09:36 AM
Schnell-alternate: Wet down vehicle. Apply "All-in-One" over entire vehicle. Then, wipe down with wash-mitt, rinse again, and towel dry. This works best on clean cars.

YoSteve
01-09-2002, 10:35 AM
The Klasse haze you speak of is the "normal" haze; the haze you have to remove. The "abnormal" haze is the kind that never comes off no matter how much washing and QDing you do (which is not the one you had).

JN99
01-09-2002, 12:37 PM
I think I have discovered a small spot where the "abnormal" haze has appeared too. There may be more, it`s a white car, but that`s all I`ve seen so far. Just a small spot on the roof, and no it won`t go away. As I am new to Klasse, I will stick with it to see how it fares over the long haul and as I become more comfortable with it, but I may try BF or Zaino if this haxe problem continues and I have to struggle to remove SG after every application :(