PDA

View Full Version : Soap Man - Protect All help

Barnowl
01-05-2002, 10:36 PM
Hello everyone,

I’m new to the board; great site! I have one question that someone may be able to help me out with. I had some minor damage to the tail gate area of my truck that needed repainting, The guys that did the repairs did a great job, you can’t even tell it had ever been touched. Except for some overspray on the plastic cap on the rear bumper, the guy at the paint shop removed it with Armorall and a brush, which left an oily residue that attracted dust. I took it to the diesel mechanic at work and he cleaned the bumper and applied a product called “Protect All” by a vender "Soap Man". This product is great, it cleaned the bumper and left a good shine without any oily residue, he gave me a small amount and I have been using it around the house (even cleaned my computer screen with it and it looks great and doesn’t collect dust like it used to) My question is if anyone knows of a consumer size bottle of this product (probably under a different brand name) that I could buy. This product goes on somewhat tacky to the touch but slicks up with hand buffing. They use it on the school bus seats and such where you want a good clean shine and protection without the residue or being overly slippery. I would list the ingredients but the bottle doesn’t have any listed. I’d buy some from the vender, but they only sale it by the case in gallon bottles.

Any help would be great,

Thanks,

Barnowl

imported_BretFraz
01-06-2002, 12:17 PM
If so I`ve seen it marketed to RV owners:

http://www.protectall.com/products.htm#Quick (`http://www.protectall.com/products.htm#Quick`)

FWIW, I used to use a product like this to remove black streaks from RV`s. Can`t recall if it was made by Protect All but I used to get it at Camping World.

mx5
01-07-2002, 10:01 AM
Sounds like a great home product but definitely a no for your vehicle. Just does not provide enough protection against the elements.

kbshadow
01-07-2002, 01:45 PM
I have been using it for years on my Boat , Motorcycles, Trailer, Cars and Truck, very happy with it. Its mostly carnuba wax with UV protectors in it.

They have a good web site where you can order it but its kinda high, I found the best price at Camping world and WalMart.

They also have a great carwash that you only use a gallon of water to wash your car, works great if it is not to dirty, I wash my Dakota and PT Cruiser at least once a week with it and do not have 1 sweral mark in either one.

Barnowl
01-09-2002, 10:16 PM
Thanks for all the replies; I don’t know if this is the same product that you all are referring to as we get through an independent distributor (Soapman) and they often put their own names on brand name items. Our fleet mechanic swears by it and has used it for years on vehicles ranging from 1968 Crown buses to 2002 vans with good results. We also use a product called “Fleet Clean” (I believe) that sounds like the carwash product mentioned above. However, I just received my order of 303 and I like it better; same results but with less work, goes on easer (not tacky) and requires less buffing to get that clean non-greasy look. I think I’ll stick with 303.

Barnowl