PDA

View Full Version : wash new pads before use?

jamesp
06-17-2004, 08:27 AM
whats up all. do you experts wash your new pads before use? i have ordered several new pads for my first encounter with my new PC and want to get the best results possible.

thanks.

Woob
06-17-2004, 08:29 AM
What pads did you order? You don`t really need to wash em if they are sealed, but you never know what they picked up in the factory. Best way is to spray some water on the pad for your first detail with em. :)

CharlesW
06-17-2004, 09:02 AM
While I don`t fall into the expert class, I don`t wash my Meguiar`s pads before use.
In fact, I have recently stopped washing them after use. Meguiar`s doesn`t recommend washing the pads at all.
:dunno
Charles

awd330
06-17-2004, 09:35 AM
I have never washed a pad prior to its first use. However, I hand wash them after every use.

Bob
06-17-2004, 09:57 AM
Could not hurt.

jamesp
06-17-2004, 11:09 AM
Woob, i ordered the pad kit from Autopia, LC yellow cutting and a Meguires Burgundy cutting pad. the reason i asked is right now they feel a little stiff? maybe thats how they should feel? after they are washed, do they soften up? does this affect their cutting abilities?

Woob
06-17-2004, 11:12 AM
Both cutting pads should feel somewhat stiff since thats how it cuts into the clear coat. If they were alot softer, they wouldn`t cut as much since they would loosen and heat wouldnt build up as much.

Don`t worry, you got good products and you should be fine. Now go and detail :lol