PDA

View Full Version : Stuf Products - 1st Impression

Totoland Mach
06-16-2004, 03:33 PM
I recently received an order for the Stuf Products (www.stufproducts.com) which is their Wash, Polish, Wax. Due to the rotten Kansas weather, I haven`t had the chance to try all 3 products yet, but managed to put a coat of wax on my show car.

Stuf wax is a carnuba product and I applied it over my existing system on the Mach 1 (NXT base and Souveran topper about 2-3 weeks old).

The product applied nicely with a Meg`s 9006 finishing pad and pc. It does seem to use a fair amount of product but spreads nicely and dries to a haze.

Buffed with an mf towel and followed that with a final buff using an mf bonnet on the pc.

Initial eyeball impression was a very nice liquid shine to the metallic gray in the Mach. Seems to be a better shine than Souveran.

I don`t know the durability of their products on daily drivers as the weather has been too awful to try all 3 items. I want to put it on my daily driver "test mule" to check durability.

Pretty nice folks to order from and their web site is plain and simple.

Woob
06-16-2004, 03:52 PM
Nice. Did you apply the Stuf Wax over NXT and Souveran? That might alter what the Stuf wax is actually suppose to do. I wonder how the wash and polish does. :-p

EBPcivicsi
06-16-2004, 03:55 PM
Sorry I can`t stop looking at the wheels/car! Very nice!

Totoland Mach
06-16-2004, 04:19 PM
Woob: you`re probably right about applying over existing products. I`m planning to try the 3 products (wash, polish, wax) on my daily driver later this week (if it ever stops raining). That will give a better overall evaluation.

I do like the shine so far.

shotime
06-16-2004, 05:11 PM
:bow Your stang.

BTW, where`d you get your wheels? Are those Halibrands?

Totoland Mach
06-16-2004, 05:20 PM
shotime: those are Team III wheels (Halibrand look alikes). His primary customer is the Factory Five Cobra`s and they measured the offset needed for the Mach 1 brakes. I like `em but they are a definite maintenance item (no clear coating...lots of polishing, especially the inside portion of the rim which is fully polished).

Thanx for the compliment.

eggroll
06-16-2004, 07:04 PM
Beautiful ride. I am very curious about this product, but have too much on hand already.

eggroll
06-16-2004, 07:05 PM
How is the dust attraction compared to souverian?

Totoland Mach
06-16-2004, 07:17 PM
eggroll: it`s tough to measure on the Mach 1. Most of the time, it is in the garage with a dust cover on it.

I`ll know more by the weekend when I try all 3 Stuf products on my daily driver (a repossession I bought cheap: 99 Suzuki Grand Vitara with a metallic Black paint).

f1guy68
06-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Sweet Ride, Beatufil Shine and I LOVE the rims!

They look the same as these on this GT500!