PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire users - up/down & front/back, or circular?

jps
12-24-2001, 02:26 PM
Just wondering if any of the BF users has tried the Zaino technique: front to back on horizontal surfaces and top to bottom on vertical surfaces?

imported_doug
12-24-2001, 02:38 PM
This isn`t really a "Zaino technique" - it is common sense for ANY rubbing you do on your car. the reason is that any super-fine scratches you introduce will be least visible this way. circular motion is the worst, because some part of the circle will be visible at almost any lighting angle.

jps
12-24-2001, 02:50 PM
yep carguy, but the Blackfire directions call out circular motion!

12-25-2001, 01:27 AM
Actually the Zaino instructions are also for circular motion, but everyone uses back and forth. This way you know you will not be adding swirls.

imported_doug
12-27-2001, 01:26 AM
I`m not surprised they say to use a circular motion. I`ll bet they say to use terry to buff out, too.

A lot of these companies are behind on their marketing/documentation. The Meguiar`s blurb on their microfiber towels ("Ultimate Wipes") says they`re the first thing better than 100% Terry - and most of us here seem to agree on that fact. But the site "recipes" and recommendations still tell you to use terry. My Meguiar`s Rep friend admitted this was wrong and should be changed - but also that it will probably be a while. Also, you can`t find anything about some of their best and newest products on their web site, like the "Ultimate Bonnet", Scratch-X and Swirl Remover 2.0.

rmccall6
12-27-2001, 12:23 PM
The motion you use really DOESN`T matter, using back and forth instead of circular is a preventative measure, so IF you create swirls somwhow, they will be in a straight line and will be less visible under sunlight.

imported_Intermezzo
12-27-2001, 12:32 PM
I used circular motions with my Klasse SG and found that it was easier to get thin coats. It was also easier to spread the product evenly. I also tried buffing the stuff off in circular motions and found that I got less `clumpy` residue. HOWEVER, although I didn`t see any swirls when I finished, I`ll go back to using straight back and forth motions just to keep my mind at peace.