PDA

View Full Version : pasteing your pic below your sig

imported_nihoole
12-22-2001, 08:50 AM
Cyber and Detailking how do you guys get pics to come up below your signature in every post?:confused:

dengelson
12-22-2001, 08:55 AM
I think that your photos have to be hosted somewhere in order to use them in your signature. If you are that far already copy the http:yourphotorunline and paste it between two IMG tags in your signature profile. The tags should look like this: {IMG}{/IMG} but use square brackets like this "[ ]" instead of the parenthesis.

That said I kinda hope you take easy on us with the photos in your signature line. There is a point of photo overloado and folks will tire of seeing the same photo over and over. It also really slows down the page load speed for slower modems.

Another option is to post a thread in the members pictures forum that contains photos of your car then you can put a link in your signature to that particular thread (see my signature).

Let me know if I can explain any of the above in more detail. :)

imported_nihoole
12-22-2001, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the reply! I do not want to slow anyone up.I only play on this site at work and we have high speed direct hook up.The few times I have tuned in at home it does take a long time to load some pages so maybe I will not do this.I just wanted to put one small pic under my sig that would show on all post I made.I am not sure I understand how its done and I am not very good on that end of my computer This is the only Forum I visit and I am addicted to it.

dengelson
12-22-2001, 09:41 AM
On the other hand if you want to post pictures in a thread you DO NOT have to have the photos hosted. If you already have the photos on your computer then when you are on the create a post screen look at the bottom of the page where it says <strong class=`bbc`>Attach file:[/b] click on the browse button then locate the photo file on your computer. When you find it double click it and that will allow you to post a photo directly without hosting (an excellent capability imo). :)

The best place to post photos is in the Member Pictures Forum (`http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum/forumdisplay.php3?s=&forumid=30`).

I`ll be watching for your pics! :)

imported_nihoole
12-22-2001, 10:28 AM
just was`nt sure about the sig thing.Thanks for helping me out:up