PDA

View Full Version : How many towels/applicators/MF towels do you own?

Pages : [1] 2

iforcev8
12-20-2001, 10:28 PM
And what do you use them for? I am wondering if I need more towels or applicators for applying the various products. I currently own:

3 MF towels

4 Foam Applicators

1 Charisma Towel

30 100% Terry cloth towels

10 Red Shop towels for polishing rims

THe products I currently own are

3M FI-II

Meguiars #7, #9, #26, #34

Do I need seperate applicators for each of the products? Or mixing is ok as long as I rinse them off?

imported_doug
12-20-2001, 10:32 PM
I have at least 20 Mf towels, 6-8 terry hand towels, 10 hand foam applicators, 6-8 foam pads for the PC, plus various and sundry rags/towels/etc I use for dirty work.

A lot. Having that many MF`s means i never worry about throwing a dirty one into the laundry pile and getting a fresh one, and I never try to get away with using a towel for more than one purpose between washes.

vettefan67
12-20-2001, 10:34 PM
Currently have

6-8 Nicsands :eek: (used for dusting house and really dirty non-paint stuff)
10 Microfiber.org (costco) MF`s for dusting and stuff (again, no paint)
1 neatitem, more on the way
3 YoSteve towels, more on the way
Bought 40 100% cotton towels from Costco to use for buffing stuff off of leather and cleaning engine and hands, tire wiping.

Applicators? oh boy...
-about 20 little yellow foam applicators, 1-5 for each product
-4-6 thick "Tire dressing applicators" I use and highly recommend using these for polishes. One place that has them is TOL (`http://www.topoftheline.com`), but I buy them locally.

I`d recommend using separate applicators for each product. I would cringe at the thought of using an FI-II pad for wax... I keep them all in labeled plastic baggies and wash well after each use with Dawn. She makes that washing really pleasant! :p

vettefan67
12-20-2001, 10:40 PM
Get lots of MF`s so you aren`t tempted to make one go "just a little further." I was tempted to do this when I only had one or 2 paint use MF`s and I`m glad I`m more than tripling my supply of those so the temptation will be gone. Excellent recommendation, carguy!

I`d recommend using ziplock bags or sealed plastic containers for MF`s and foam. That way they dont gather dust and you will be OK if you drop it (the container, not the MF).

p<strong class=`bbc`>u[/b]terbum:)

iforcev8
12-20-2001, 10:45 PM
Since I missed out on the Neatitems.com group buy, where would be the best place to get MF towels? I do find myself trying to use that one MF towel go a little further, and I know I shouldn`t.

imported_BretFraz
12-20-2001, 10:47 PM
MF`s:

10 neatitems mint greens

3 Viper greens

2 TOL jumbo blues

2 TOL ultra suedes

1 Viper Glass only

Cotton:

approx 50 terry hand towels

approx 12 terry bath towels

approx 20 flannel hand towels

Others:

1 koala towel

4 MF applicators

4 terry applicators

4 foam applicators (various types)

10 terry orbital bonnets (various sizes)

a few other doohickeys

vettefan67
12-20-2001, 10:50 PM
Have you tried out Miracle towels? These are my favorite towels personally but the only high quality towels I`ve tried are these and Neatitems. I ran the group buy (BTW that`s 223 towels :eek: ) on Neatitems but I still prefer YoSteve`s towels which I just ordered more of..

Justin

imported_killerjg
12-20-2001, 10:57 PM
16 Nicsands

Neatitems:

15 mint green

2 24X36 mint green

1 CMA ultimate towel

Rightlook.com

12 blue

1 24x36 green

12 green Vipers

Euroshine

6 18x36 large

10 16x16

(Just received the Euro. shipment, not expecting much, but had to try some at those prices)

8 mf applicators

....and A Partridge in a Pear Tree.......

Sorry that song just popped into my head.

LC

iforcev8
12-20-2001, 11:00 PM
Where do you get these bargain MF Euroshine Towels? Seems like MF is the way to go here...

vettefan67
12-20-2001, 11:04 PM
Euroshine towels are not highly recommended..I have been recommended to shy away from them.

I haven`t heard of any paint-safe MF here except for neatitems or MT`s but there are others for sure, they just aren`t widely known about.

iforcev8
12-20-2001, 11:06 PM
what is your view on Rightlook.com MF towels?

imported_killerjg
12-20-2001, 11:06 PM
www.hhshopping.com.

Check out a few responses here:

http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=5450 (`http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=5450`)

I figure if they haven`t changed and I don`t like them enough for my paint I can always find someplace to use them.

I`ll throw up my opinion this weekend.

LC

Lemonxxs
12-21-2001, 12:32 PM
I have a bunch of everything and I gave up counting!

Over a hundred MF`s after Xmas that number will be down to about 50 or so.

10 terry apps.

20 foam apps of various colors.

2 MF apps and I expect 2 more if the mailman ever delivers from OHIO!!!!!

Surgery towels about 10 or so.

Wash cloths about 30 or so

Red Grease rags about 10 or so.

Large Bath towels about 20 or so.

These were based on what I purchased and should be somewhat accurate based on loss and thefts from my storage bins!

imported_Intermezzo
12-21-2001, 02:25 PM
45 Green Viper MF`s

2 Big Blue CMA MFs

10 Charismas and RV`s

8 Viking HD Foam Apps

6 Pinnacle (yellow) Foam Apps

5 terry Apps

3 MF apps

40 Costco Terry Cloths

10 neatitems MF`s on order (Thanks Puterbum!)

Iforce, yes, always separate apps and MF`s according to the type of product they`ve been used with. No matter how much I clean my AIO app, I can still smell the `petro-scent` it left.

Also, I heard it`s better to take this a step further and avoid using MF`s you`ve buffed wax/sealant with to wipe your windows. Nor should you put them in the same wash cycle. To me, this is too much to keep track of so I just mix everything in the washing machine. Just letting you know what I heard (from RK). However, I do throw away an MF (or use it around the house) after using it to buff AIO/PPCL/FI-2.

Brad B
12-21-2001, 05:56 PM
20 or so MF towels, (Miracle, Viper, Neatitems)

5 super fine plastic lens cleaning towels

20 cotton wash cloths

100+ red shop towels

20 yellow cotton towels

10+ terry applicators

25+ foam applicators

200+ medical swabs

5+ soft cotton beach towels

10+ cotton bath towels

1 Koala towel

4 Koala applicators

2 cases Tork lint free paper towels (rolls in dispenser)

1 Wifes favorite kitchen towel (oops!)