PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s Users: Info on differences between products

imported_doug
12-19-2001, 06:43 PM
Hi - I have heard a lot about Meguiar`s polymer sealant and hi-tech yellow wax, neither of which I have used, although I really like their Gold Class. I emailed one of their factory reps asking for clarification and got his answer back. I was actually surprised to learn that polymer sealant contains some cleaners.

Anyway, this is what he wrote - should be useful:

<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<strong class=`bbc`>M26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax[/b] - Pure Protection- Needs to be applied to a new or like new finish with no defects. Excels when applied over Show Car Glaze or Swirl Remover 2.0. Combines, Silicones, Resins, and polymers with Durable #1 yellow Carnauba. This gives the durability of Carnauba with the gloss of polymers/Silicones and Resins. [carguy note - I think he means the durability of polymers with the gloss of carnauba?] The only Pure wax which enhances gloss over a pure polish. Also dries clear in the cracks and crevices. Low dusting and works incredible with the Ultimate Bonnet.

<strong class=`bbc`>M20 Polymer Sealant[/b] - This product has Cleaners, Polishes and has an extra durable blend of Polymers. Very long lasting and has good cleaning power. Put in the same class as a cleaner/wax. Can be applied to remove light scratches, swirls, and haze. Slightly powdery and wipes off with great ease. One of my favorite products for time when I do not want to wax as often- winter, large vehicles, & drivers.

<strong class=`bbc`>Gold Class[/b] - Most Reflective wax in our history. Some waxes and polymers are not optically correct. In other words, the light is not reflecting 100% due to refraction. This hurts clarity and gloss. Gold Class uses optically correct polymers, rich polishing oils to create a deep dark shine. Has some non abrasive cleaners which remove fine defects. Not as durable as 26 or M20. For the individual who waxes on a more frequent basis. Provides good protection.
Hope this helps
</blockquote>

dtraylor
12-19-2001, 07:03 PM
Great info carguy, thanks alot!

Always like to see manufacturers personally responding. Only bad thing is that they never say any of the bad stuff about their products, but I guess they would be idiots if they told you the stuff it WONT do. They`re smart :D

Scottwax
12-19-2001, 11:33 PM
I don`t think Gold Class shines better than #26. I`ve never understood the hype over Gold Class. #26 and Medallion both shine better, IMO.

mx5
01-07-2002, 10:06 AM
I found Gold Class to leave an amazing shine. Just does not last longer than a couple washes.

andrew43
01-07-2002, 10:14 AM
Carguy: I think the Meguiar`s rep was using the correct terminology when describing the role of polymers in #26. They dont really "bond" to the clear/surface of the car like Klasse, Zaino, Blackfire, M20, etc. They are there for added shine while the caranauba provides the protection for a few weeks.