PDA

View Full Version : What does plushness vary with color among MF towels?

DETAILKING
12-19-2001, 06:32 PM
Just curious.........from all the reviews it sure seems that way!

offcenter
12-19-2001, 07:06 PM
DETAILKING,

I think it`s lot dependant. When they make a large quantity of MF cloth and then dye it, some batches seem to be more plush than others. I don`t think it is intentional that some colors are more plush than others. For now "mint green" seems to be the plushest. Maybe in 3 months another color will be the plushest.

spartacus_33
12-19-2001, 07:11 PM
I`ve also seen those comments. I have not seen any connection between color and plushness. I have towels from Neat Items[none white], Yo Steve, H&R Ultrashine, Miricle Towel, Scotch[worst],and Viper.

bobdec
12-19-2001, 07:53 PM
I`ve not found much difference in the plushness of mf towels between the colors as much as between the different brands. Early this year, Don2001 pointed out that the neatitems towels varied a little. He posted that the mint green was plusher. I went back and looked closer and could feel and see some difference, but not much (I do have all the colors.) I`m comfortable using any of the colors, not just the mint, on my black paint. There was much more difference when comparing quality mf towels with the lower quailty ones. It seems that most of us agree that the Miracle Towels and the Neatitems Towels are the best in terms of quality, plushness and value.

I think rad21 is right, just a little variation in manufacturing from batch to batch.

offcenter
12-19-2001, 09:56 PM
Here is my feedback on the neatitems color vs. plushness:

Mint Green most plush

Yellow almost as plush as mint green

Dark green next most plush, followed by light blue and white a bit less plush but still at the top end of the MF towel plushness/softness range. I have used mint, blue, green and yellow on my vehicle, all with good results.

Remember autopians, this color "code" to plushness can change as new batches are manufactured. To play it safe, I just request the "plushest" color from neatitems and that`s what they send. I got an assortment of colors and sizes just to balance things out.:D

offcenter
12-19-2001, 10:03 PM
Here are some photos, I tried to use the macro mode of my digicam. It is hard to tell the difference between mint green and blue but the suede green and yellow, el cheapo is not plush at all.

offcenter
12-19-2001, 10:04 PM
Last one was mint green the camera color balance was off, this one is blue

offcenter
12-19-2001, 10:06 PM
Here is the cheap, non plush, no name MF

offcenter
12-19-2001, 10:08 PM
Here is the suede, non plush neatitems, for extra clean surfaces only! No pile to lift up dirt particles!

offcenter
12-19-2001, 10:19 PM
color corrected mint green

YoSteve
12-19-2001, 10:50 PM
here`s one!!!! one of my favorites :D

http://yosteveshop.homestead.com/files/plush.jpg

man, I love this digicam thing :up

vettefan67
12-19-2001, 10:56 PM
YoSteve.Com what have I told you about this?? Every time you show a pic of those beautiful MT`s I want to buy more of them. CUT IT OUT!

BTW, check your orders:rolleyes:

Don2000g
12-21-2001, 06:42 PM
Don2001? Hehe! Just call me Don. As for the difference in plushness in various towels and or colors. Not quite sure. One thing is clear though the light green ones from neatitems does seem to be a bit plusher than the other colors.

bobdec
12-21-2001, 08:37 PM
Hey, it`s almost time to start calling you Don2002!!

Rumor has it that this 2000 business is based on the number of mf towels you have.

YoSteve - do you use that pretty blue towel or just hang it on a wall like a picture?

Lemonxxs
12-21-2001, 09:51 PM
Steve that looks like a cotton throw rug from Wal Mart.

AHHHHHHH I love the smell of MF in the morning!