PDA

View Full Version : On this site for a few weeks...

iforcev8
12-19-2001, 01:31 AM
and I finally get most of the abbreviations!

*Why not sneak in a question in this post as well..:up

I bought some products for different companies, but the more and more I read about Zaino, the more I want to use it. I want to use up my current wax #26, but It is such a biotch to remove, I want something easier, and since I have a white truck....protection is more important to me than that deep look carnuba shine you guys talk about.

So my question is..will 3M SMR, and #7 Meguiers Glaze, work with Zaino Z2 ? Or should I just get the whole Zaino deal, Z1,Z2,Z5, etc..

imported_Intermezzo
12-19-2001, 03:00 AM
Zaino looks great on a white car. It should shine up really nicely. The 3M SMR should work fine prior to using Zaino. However, Sal recommends washing with Z-7 right after the SMR to get rid of some of oils left behind. The Z-1 should take care of the remaining oils. Meguiar`s glaze should NOT be used before Zaino. The heavy oils/fillers it contains will prevent proper bonding of the Zaino to your clearcoat.

Zaino is a breeze to buff off, especially if it`s applied very thin.

Don2000g
12-19-2001, 06:10 PM
Zaino is a pretty good system. If protection is your primary concern, then Klasse and Blackfire should also be considered. The newer Blackfire line of products seems the most intriguing line right now. It seems to offer the best of all worlds- protection, durability, shine, depth, and instant curing time that does not necessitate buying or mixing other products. For more info on Blackfire, do a search or read Brad`s review of it. It was a pretty good thread. Laters

DETAILKING
12-19-2001, 06:37 PM
Buy that, Z2 (probably dont need Z5 on a lighter car), the car wash and spray detailer and you are set. Z2 will be good for AT LEAST 8-12 applictions, and ZFX will be good for about 15 or more applications. That should last you a while.

Zaino looks great on white. I would post pics of my dads camaro in white zainoed which looked AWESOME, but photopoint is down....sorry.......

Michael H
12-19-2001, 07:16 PM
iforcev8

Do not be taken in by all the marketing. Zaino has its strengths but it also has its problems (eg length of time it takes to apply the coats, I find the Zaino layers gets stains, etc).

I have used various carnauba waxes, Zaino, Klasse, etc I find the best combo for my needs are Klasse with a good carnauba top coat.

I am not saying do not use it, just weigh up the options.

BradE
12-19-2001, 07:20 PM
It`s not just Zaino that has it`s problems, ALL sealants have there share of problems. The key is what you are willing to accept.

miguelgf
12-19-2001, 09:12 PM
I actually used Klasse on my white SUV, and liked the results ALOT.

Also - I`m a wax fiend - so I wanted something that I could still apply carnaube to afterwards (although I hear you can do that with Zaino, don`t see too many people doing it, because you can`t layer any more Z on afterwards).

The answer - whatever works best for you. I posted some pics of my truck here (http://autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php3?s=&postid=48062&t=3880) (only 2).

The pic of the hood is actually Klasse + #26. I`m ordering some P21s carnauba wax, because I hear the stuff doesn`t even THINK of sticking to the rubber/vinyl trim, which my truck has in spades.