PDA

View Full Version : I can`t wait

boywonder
12-18-2001, 05:03 PM
As you know, I blew the rear speakers in the Maxima by cranking Xzibit. However, I am getting ready to make some minor audio changes in the Maxima.

a) Replace Rear Speakers with Eclipse 83941 6x9 3 ways.

b) Add a/d/s PQ8 amp (buying it from a friend of mine)

c) Replace factory 4x6s with either Eclipse 5.25" coaxials or JL Audio 5.25" coaxials

d) Install Eclipse 5083 CD Changer (optional)

I can`t wait until this all falls into place. :D

dtraylor
12-18-2001, 07:29 PM
Prinz,

Good to hear stuff is starting to come together. I`m starting to make a few changes to my system too. I dunno if you`ve found out or not, but I happened to pick up an MTX Thunder 8000 12" a few weeks ago :D I sold my old 304 amp, and it will hopefully be replaced with an Alpine 600 watt`er. I`m making a new box this winter if things fall into order, and once I can afford it, new subs will go in. I`m thinking JL 12W3`s, or Alpine Type R or S, still undecided. I want something not so common in these parts. Right now I want to run at least one 10" for some more bottom end, but not so much my parents get mad when they drive it. I also picked up a Road Gear 12" in a swap for a box of junk :) If I do get new subs, I`d say I cna pick up whatever I want with the $$ I get from my two 6000`s and the box they`re in. The 8000 could net a good hunk of cash too, enough for some new front door speakers and a nice wiring kit, with some left over. I get way ahead of myself :rolleyes: Once I turn 16, the whole bit goes in. I`m getting my cd changer rebuilt for Christmas, so thats good :) Cant wait to at least get that 10" in there :bounce

boywonder
12-19-2001, 04:31 PM
The system I planned for this car is going in the next one with a minor change. The JL Audio 300/4 is being replaced with a 500/5 and I added a 8" sub to the equation. :D

69-912
12-19-2001, 05:00 PM
Prinz: I had an a/d/s PQ8 in my 1991 Mustang for a whole. Excellent amp!