PDA

View Full Version : Who`s a Sonus User: Diehard Klasser

YoSteve
12-15-2001, 10:13 PM
Has anyone used Sonus "spritz" formulated to work with Klasse (use the same acrylic found in Klasse) anyone try it as a Klasse haze remover? Just curious because I forgot about this stuff, while keeping up with Blackfire. Laters dudes :)

Langley Interior Car Kare
12-15-2001, 10:25 PM
:p ...BTW...im stilll on the darkside...;) :D

miguelgf
12-15-2001, 10:34 PM
Steve-

I used it since I bought the Klasse and it came with the kit.

First - I wet my applicators with it (viper MF applicators), enough to dampen, and threw on my SG.

When it came time to buff off the SG - it was difficult in a few (not many) places. I picked up a MF towel with just a spritz of the Sonus, and it came off like a charm.

Since then, I`ve QD`d twice (once thanks to some damn %!&%! birds). This stuff works pretty well.

Dunno if I`d keep buying it, since it`s pretty pricey. But it definitely worked well, and helped remove the SG when I needed it gone.

jkochis
12-16-2001, 12:34 AM
Just mix up some SG & tap water. 10:1 ratio or so. Way cheaper, works well, definitely compatible.

imported_camaroz28
12-16-2001, 03:53 PM
Hey Steve, I have never experienced the haze other users have been talking about until 3 weeks ago when I applied 1 layer of AIO and SG, then I noticed a haze that Final Inspection couldn`t remove. Yesterday I washed my truck and quick detailed with Sonus like always and now my truck looks perfect! There is no more haze or residue.

I don`t have time to apply more layers of SG right now, but it looks really good with just 1 layer, here`s a pic:

YoSteve
12-16-2001, 03:55 PM
hey guys, the haze I was referring to is the one you get once the product (AIO or SG) dries. Not the mysterious ones that people get after they buff. :)

Xtreme, nice pics, love that shine, and the wheels are sooo clean :up

BradE
12-16-2001, 04:05 PM
It`s not bad stuff. I tried it with Klasse a few times, but it`s not worth the $$$ IMO.

imported_camaroz28
12-16-2001, 04:18 PM
Steve, I would think that Final Inspection would be the best choice for the haze removal because it`s so cheap. If you`re applying 10 layers, well that`s a bunch of Sonus just to remove the haze. I am planning on applying on my SG, then finally doing one last wipe down with Sonus.

YoSteve
12-16-2001, 04:51 PM
well I don`t use QD at all on remove Klasse haze between layer, I use water if I have to, but usally just use elbow grease and possilbe my breathe, nothing but the best for my baby :)

muttgrunt
12-16-2001, 05:59 PM
Do you use those Klasse breath mints first !!! :):):)

TBone :)

YoSteve
12-16-2001, 11:02 PM
the Klasse mints are too strong (to hard actually) they don`t dissolve well, last for 9 months ;) Instead I gargle SG, might try Sonus instead but it`s $$$ :D

Langley Interior Car Kare
12-17-2001, 12:00 AM
wow...i might switch to Klas......wait...the chip....its making my ears ring....oh no...they`re coming to take me back for reprogramming.help!!!!

here comes the Z mothership.............

http://www.data-techniques.net/cwm/contrib/edoom/very_first_smiley.gif

maxshine
12-17-2001, 10:44 AM
I`ve used the `Spritz` twice. Once to remove the SG haze of which it did not do I good job of - but water did. I just used it this past weekend as a true QD and it worked fine. I have 3 coats of SG and plan to use the `Spritz` after each wash weather permitting. I basically just want the extra protection. I plan to AIO and SG twice a year and the `Spritz` all other times.

maxshine
12-20-2001, 03:18 PM
Just thought I`d add that since using the `Spritz` last weekend my car seems to be atttracting quite a bit of dust and dibris. I don`t see this on my truck (Gold Class). I`ll give the `Spritz` one more try. (Does this stuff need to cure somewhat ?)