PDA

View Full Version : Another Klasse Question

12-15-2001, 02:08 PM
Well my ML320 has 3 coats of AIO on the flat parts and 2 coats on the sides along with one coat of SG everywhere. I have some meguiars #26 carnuba wax left over from before, and I was wondering if I could use this as a carnuba topper (wife wont let me shell out 70 dollars for souveran, after i spent 140 on the klasse and other stuff :( ) Or should i apply more coats of SG before using a carnuba topper. Also the Klasse kit i got came with the Viper microfiber detailing towels, I am using these to put on the klasse and remove the residue, is this bad? And after 6 months (when the klasse wears out) how do I "strip" or reapply klasse?

BradE
12-15-2001, 02:11 PM
Don`t apply any caranuba topper until you are 100% happy with the way the Klasse looks. Remember, once you put the wax on top you must strip it before you can add anymore Klasse.

When you want to start over just redo your AIO. That will strip off the Klasse and clean the paint and leave a nice base to start relayering your SG

12-15-2001, 02:28 PM
what if i wanted to clay the car after 6 months before applying AIO? Can I just clay it or does it need to be "stripped"

BradE
12-15-2001, 02:34 PM
Then Clay, AIO and and SG. Then just relayer SG like you did before.

imported_Intermezzo
12-15-2001, 11:42 PM
Showroom, great advice!

AlBoston, what color is your car? If it`s a lighter color, perhaps your wife will let you get Pinnacle Paste Glaze? Too bad you can`t use Souveran because it is pure joy to apply and remove (as is PPG). But I`ve heard good things about #26 as well.

As for using the MF towels to apply and remove, I find that it`s easiest to use them to buff/remove AIO/KSG, but for application use a foam applicator. Some people here use MF or terry apps for the AIO, but foam glides along your paint and makes application easier, at least for me. I use the Viking HD foam apps for applying stuff on my paint and use the small yellow foam disc apps for my dash and seats.

Put a small nickel-size amount on your app and just dab it all over a panel (or half the hood) before you apply it. When I do a panel, I literally have 20 or more dabs all over the place before I start spreading the product. I get much better distribution this way and a lot less gets soaked up by the app and this allows me to use a lot less pressure (KSG only). I do the same with AIO but I apply a little more pressure to get some cleaning action.

HTH

miguelgf
12-15-2001, 11:50 PM
Al-

Since I forgot to purchase a carnauba when placing my CMA order for the Klasse kit, I ended up going with #26 as well.

You`re an M-class owner, so you`ll appreciate something *other* than #26, for it`s lack of residues (what with all the black trim on the ML). Check out the thread I posted (http://autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php3?threadid=5413) asking about which topper to go with to reduce chalky residues.

Needless to say - I was happy with the performance of #26 - but I wouldn`t stick with it, because it was a bear to keep off the trim. PPG is most likely my next stop, but I`m really intrigued by the P21S, and might just be swayed towards it before I finalize that order.