PDA

View Full Version : Least fave smelling Int Protectant

Pages : [1] 2

Lemonxxs
12-12-2001, 01:25 AM
Well I have read enough threads about smells I thunk of this one late at night thats for sure.

Vote for the worst smelling interior protectant. Also please post what it smells like to you. Then in the end of your post tell us which you like the best!

BTW if I did not list your product then check WRITE IN pleaseeeee.

:) :p :)

If I messed up a name then blame FLONI but please correct it in your post. Thanks!

Lemonxxs
12-12-2001, 01:30 AM
I cannot stand the KLASSE smell. It smells like Kerosene to me. Feel like if I have an electrical spark a fire will ensue.

303 is not far behind that is for sure!

I like the zaino Leather in a bottle stuff! Smells most like a new car to me.

Andre'
12-12-2001, 01:58 AM
Never used Klasse, but 303 smells like BO.

I like the smell of Vinylex the best, smells like new car IMHO.

vettefan67
12-12-2001, 02:03 AM
:eek: You like the smell of vinylex? Product works well but smell is not so good. 303 is not so sweet itself. I think the BLACK MAGIC SEMI-GLOSS DASH PROTECTANT (FLONI!!!! You gave Guess the wrong name!! How could you?! ;)) that Steve likes smells nice and citrusy but I have only tried these 3 things so far.

Andre'
12-12-2001, 02:11 AM
I do like the smell, it could just be me.:p

BradE
12-12-2001, 10:16 AM
There is one word that describes the Klasse interior stuff: NASTY

Lemonxxs
12-14-2001, 12:12 PM
I see lots of views but not a lot of votes or replies!:confused: :confused:

Langley Interior Car Kare
12-14-2001, 03:31 PM
i went with other..........nothing......and i mean nothing is worse that 303 Fabric Guard.....yes it fades...but after you Woolite the whole interior...........oh man that stuff smells nice...then you stink it up with the FG....it takes about 2 wks to get the stank out.....pretty soon the wword FLNI will have to be added to the list.....i see it all over the place...and in a negative way...boohoo:( ...like.........oh man...i pulled a FLONI..i used regular Viking mitts...or...damn...i FLONIED with my new PC and went right thru the clear....:p i hope this trend doesnt continue.........:eek:

YoSteve
01-01-2002, 04:28 AM
ShowroomLincoln, Dash Magic Semi Gloss That Steve Likes, haha good one :)

I like the smell of it even though it`s citrusy, I think it neutralizes car orders as it evaporates then it leaves no smell. Go ahead sniff your dash, do it! ;)

Bobby G
01-01-2002, 11:11 AM
I`m biased. I`ve smelled too many broken bottles of Vinylex. The stuff makes me want to puke!

:(

imported_killerjg
01-01-2002, 11:35 PM
Man, what`s wrong with me I`ve only used 303 and Vinylex on this list, but like them both. FLONI, 303 FG is great stuff! I treat myself to 30 seconds of that stuff with the doors/windows shut. I`d stay longer, but feel combustable when I get out.

LC

Jonbth
01-02-2002, 12:53 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by puterbum [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>:eek: You like the smell of vinylex? Product works well but smell is not so good. 303 is not so sweet itself. I think the BLACK MAGIC SEMI-GLOSS DASH PROTECTANT (FLONI!!!! You gave Guess the wrong name!! How could you?! ;)) that Steve likes smells nice and citrusy but I have only tried these 3 things so far. [/b]</blockquote>
I`m interested in this product, mostly because it is the only one I can get at the local parts store, it it water based?

vettefan67
01-02-2002, 01:10 AM
Jonbth:

As long as you get the SEMI-GLOSS one that looks like milk and smells like citrus candy it is water-based. I don`t see any reason not to order online, try tacscar as they have a flat shipping rate so it`s cheap...and 303 works better than Black magic IMHO.

YoSteve
01-02-2002, 09:52 AM
Black Magic Dashboard Protectant (if you get the semi-gloss one) is waterbased. It contains the milky white PDMS resin that all water based protectants contain (as 303 does). For the price it works well if not for your "other" cars.

People have said that 303 can streak if you apply to wrongly, which does not happen with BM. But I`ll have a to try some to find out. Maybe Puterbum will be nice and send me some to try out ;)

Jonbth
01-02-2002, 01:01 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by puterbum [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Jonbth:

As long as you get the SEMI-GLOSS one that looks like milk and smells like citrus candy it is water-based. I don`t see any reason not to order online, try tacscar as they have a flat shipping rate so it`s cheap...and 303 works better than Black magic IMHO. [/b]</blockquote>
The only semi gloss I`ve seen is clear. That can`t be the same stuff, can it?