PDA

View Full Version : any truth about...

Langley Interior Car Kare
12-08-2001, 01:12 PM
leaving a CD in the player...say overnite....or longer...will damage you player or the CD.....sorry guys....thats the best i could come up with...:p very low tech question huh???....but i think its a thing that lots of people do especially if they like the CD....but every once in a while a friend of mine will say this....

hkross
12-08-2001, 11:58 PM
It wont damage it. In fact my car fliped my car over upside down the player stilled worked. But yeah if you take it out and the cd is in it might.

12-09-2001, 12:07 AM
hey dood...where did you learn to speak FLONESE!!!:p :confused: :eek:

Lemonxxs
12-09-2001, 12:17 AM
Dont leave the CD half way in thats bad. The rear edge of the CD could bounce up and down causing damage to the transport mechanism and/or the Laser head.

The laser head is parked normally in most CD players when turned off and is far enough away to not damage anything.

12-09-2001, 12:22 AM
you recovered from your nite/day of debauchery....got any pics:p ............a Marshal can never leave his post....:eek:

Lemonxxs
12-09-2001, 12:32 AM
Oh I still hurt! My whole body hurts. Lots of pretty girls out!

I got home around 5 am after leaving around my house at 3pm.

No pics only tourists bring cameras. Thats how you can tell!!

I could describe what I saw but I think we have a G rating here. I will be sending out some beads to those who have sent me stuff in the mail though so think of that. I had some guy from Dallas throwing beads to scantitly clad woman all night after a little showing of themselves. He paid like 3 for a dollar which is a huge rip off. But the smile on his face ......... DAYUM he was a happy man! Oh the stories I could write........------ but I can never remember much.

Heck I am starting to type FLONIESE now!!!:D

Don2000g
12-09-2001, 02:43 AM
I`ve had two cars with factory Bose CD players for the last 7 years. I always leave a CD in when I turn off the car. I don`t think my CD players have been "naked" yet. So to answer your question after 7 years -------- 4 drives a day multiplied by 365 days a year gives me about 1460 drives a year. If I then multiply this by 7 I get somewhere around 10,500 times that I`ve left a CD inside my CD plaer. I`ve had ZERO problems with these two players.

andrew43
12-13-2001, 11:39 AM
CD players are not like most tape players..they will not be damaged by leaving the CD in place. The problem with many tape decks is the heads wear prematurely if you leave a tape in without ejecting. Most new tape players have features to avoid this problem though. But, I dont care much. I havent had a tape player (in the car or home) since `93.