PDA

View Full Version : What is the best car shampoo to use ?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

bbquer
12-05-2001, 11:32 PM
I`m running low on car wash, deciding on which one to use next..

I still have plenty of turtle-wax car wash for my wheels.

Thinking of EF power wash..

Any good ? I`m using megiuars now.

YoSteve
12-05-2001, 11:37 PM
if you`re looking for something awsome, something different, some thing soo nice

<span style=`font-size: 14px;`>Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo :D

rstype
12-06-2001, 01:53 AM
A quick-sudsing, high-sheeting, and economically efficient shampoo I really like is Meguiar`s Gold Class wash. It`s probably not as fun as the boutique brands (Pinnacle) but at $12/gallon, its a great deal!

GC? Maybe a new acronym? :)

ISLANDSBEST
12-06-2001, 04:19 AM
For cars protected with Z, an obvious answer is Z7. I think Sal`s claim is correct. It does seem to replenish the Z coating.

Bob Post
12-06-2001, 06:32 AM
silly but for the most part it`s true. As long as I get decent suds and decent cleaning ability without removing too much wax then I`m happy. If I had to pick Meguires Gold Class is "Ok".

Lemonxxs
12-06-2001, 09:31 AM
Zaino wash performs great and smells good too.

Gold Class if you want a good wash for low money.

Try not to use those wash and wax washes!

Will Dunion
12-06-2001, 10:02 AM
What if you`re using Klasse AIO and SG?

Pinnacle or P21S?

Brad B
12-06-2001, 10:07 AM
You can still use Zaino. But of the two you mentioned, I prefer P21S for it`s longer lasting suds and milder cleaning ability. Pinnacle is ok but a bit too harsh in my opinion. At least when using carnubas it can really take a bite out of the top layer of wax. I removed Pinnacle Paste Glaz completely with Pinnacle shampoo.

Obviously this isn`t an issue with you since you have a Klasse finish. Personally, I would still go for the P21S.

BillNorth
12-06-2001, 10:16 AM
I have only used two car washes. Mothers, which is OK. And I have also used the one made by autoint. It`s the "C" part of the ABC system. The suds last for the whole wash. And it also has amazing lubricity that lasts from start to finish. It`s not harsh either. It was made to NOT strip off wax and sealants.

dengelson
12-06-2001, 11:23 AM
I really like 3M`s Shampoo and it is available in gallon jugs.

<em class=`bbc`>clic pic[/i]
http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/www.digitalriver.com/v2.0-img/operations/3mauto/image/3/9/8/39800_detail.jpg (`http://www21.3m.com/dr/v2/ec_MAIN.Entry10?xid=28181&SP=10023&PN=1&V1=267719&DSP=&CUR=840&PGRP=0&CACHE_ID=0`)

BradE
12-06-2001, 11:37 AM
For best value I would have to say a gallon of Meguiars Gold Class. It`s cheap and it works good. :up

I have some Power Wash, but I only use it when the cars are super dirty and need a good cleaning. I think it`s the perfect "winter wash"

For high end washes, I like Zaino Z7. I was not a fan of the old formula Pinnacle Shampoo. But now the new formula contain TuffSuds so it might be better.

DETAILKING
12-06-2001, 11:58 AM
Suds don`t mean much. A lot of car washes that are made to use with carnuba blends are VERY VERY mild washes. Manufacturers do this on purpose because if the wash was not this mild it would really take a bite out of the carnuba layer. I want a wash that it going to get my car clean. I have not used pinnacle yet (have it), but BRAD said it is a pretty decent car wash and not too mild. I would use that with poymers, or zaino wash.

99323ic
12-06-2001, 12:23 PM
I was turned on to EF PowerWash+ by Holly and have found it to be excellent. Some may consider it to be too strong for normal use, but since I can only tend to my car once every week or 2, I find it great for getting back the shine I`m used to. It`s really good at working off bug remains and road grime.

I`ve used Mother`s GC, but found it was not as slippery as the PW+. I`d love to try the Pinnacle stuff, but my wife will drag me behind the car at 70 mph if I buy anything more for my cars this year (Thank God that there`s only a few more days left....A new budget year begins soon !!!!!)

jkochis
12-06-2001, 12:51 PM
Im with jimwh. I`ve become a regular user of the EF PowerWash+. Suds are superior to the Gold Class(which is a very good wash), how important that is is debatable, but it definitely seems more slippery than the GC. Plus, with it being pine tree sap season down here, the Power Wash+ does a very nice job getting rid of the fine sap with ease.

69-912
12-06-2001, 01:02 PM
My bote is for Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo!