PDA

View Full Version : Ready to use AIO and SG

Blackmirror
12-05-2001, 10:02 PM
Ok i`m ready to use my AIO and SG. I know i should wash the car first. Right now i have 2 layers of Meguiars Yellow wax. After washing, can i just use the AIO over the meguiars wax? Will it strip the meguiars wax?

What if you have minorswirls or hair line scratches? should you use a scratch remover before using AIo or can I just use AIO then SG?

vettefan67
12-05-2001, 10:32 PM
From the description you give I`d recommend either of 2 things, depending on your budget and time:

a) PPCL. Recommend highly, gets rid of the "microswirls" you mentioned and leaves the surface butter smooth. I love this stuff!

b)AIO. Really work the AIO in, at least the first time. It has some abrasives and can help get rid of (rare) slight hazing from PPCL.

Apply another, lighter coat after buffing the first well (to get rid of the wax it "ate" up).

Blackmirror
12-06-2001, 06:38 PM
Whats PPCL?

imported_Intermezzo
12-06-2001, 07:03 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Blackmirror [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Whats PPCL? [/b]</blockquote>
It`s Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion (`http://www.properautocare.com/pin-200.html`)

Lemonxxs
12-06-2001, 10:11 PM
check out the new terms list it has a lot of the abbreviations

Don2000g
12-08-2001, 11:20 AM
I would definitely give the Pinnacle PCL a try. I, too, love this stuff. If you`re going to use the AIO, then perhaps consider using 2 coats. One to help remove the wax layers and the second to assure that you`re getting the full effects of the AIO. Laters