PDA

View Full Version : Are my steps correct for 1st time detail?

JimO
12-05-2001, 03:40 PM
As soon as I receive all my stuff I ordered online, I`ll be doing my first REAL detail job (I`ve been doing it all wrong before I found this forum). It`s time for me to put all that knowledge I learned from all of you to good use.

Please review my step by step game plan:

1. Dawn wash (quarter size glob in 3 gallon bucket)

2. Dry

3. Review paint surface to determine if claying is needed

4. Clay contaminated sections (if necessary)

5. Gold Class wash

6. Dry

7. Blackfire Polish x1

8. Blackfire Protectant x3

9. Final Inspection

I`ll also take before and after pictures. If time permits, I`ll take step by step pictures also.

TIA!

Oliver

DETAILKING
12-05-2001, 04:08 PM
I would skip the gold class wash. BF polish should take care of any (probably have none) dawn residue on the paint.

For best results I would use BF quick detailer and car wash. It is supposed to be designed to work with the system to extend gloss and durability.

Lemonxxs
12-05-2001, 04:46 PM
You may want to look into using PPCL as well.

The GC extra wash will do more good than harm it will ensure you remove any QD residue from the claying.

Have fun and take bunches of pics! DO a review of BF as well.

JimO
12-06-2001, 11:55 AM
Do any of you like to polish x2 or more? I`m thinking about using the BF Polish x2 just to ensure that it`s very clean.

Don2000g
12-08-2001, 10:49 AM
There are quite a few members here who like to use 2 coats of Klasse AIO. It may not be necessary on a brand spankin new car though. It certainly won`t "harm" your finish though if you use 2 coats of Klasse AIO. I would suspect that the very same could be said for the Blackfire polish. Laters