PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Claybar?

Pages : [1] 2 3

vettefan67
12-05-2001, 12:55 PM
What`s your favorite claybar? If you REALLY love a certain clay, why?

Redcar GUY
12-05-2001, 01:12 PM
I used Griots clay in the past, then tried the some I got at auto zone(cant remember the brand) Then tried the Zaino stuff when I started with the Z process. Just liked the Zaino stuf better:)

Lemonxxs
12-05-2001, 01:35 PM
Most aare about the same except for Mothers. The mothers smears and gets slimy when using with a soap solution.

I prefer Clay magic based on price.

Lemonxxs
12-05-2001, 02:30 PM
A lot of veiws but no votes?:confused:

You gotta vote er should vote.

vettefan67
12-05-2001, 02:37 PM
I`ve only tried the Mothers claybar at this point. I was hoping for opinions on what would be best to get next:).

I didn`t have any problems with the Mothers clay, it`s a fine choice but I just can`t say it`s better than stuff I haven`t tried.

BradE
12-05-2001, 03:02 PM
I have 2. My favorite for Store bought clay is the Clay Magic (Blue Bar, not Red). And my Favorite mail order clay is Zaino Z18.

imported_BretFraz
12-05-2001, 03:51 PM
I use Eagle One`s clay bar and love it.

vettefan67
12-05-2001, 09:30 PM
To all who have tried it...

What do you like about Clay Magic (blue)? Sounds like a favorite, I know it`s been mentioned in the past.

Lemonxxs
12-06-2001, 08:40 AM
Clay Magic

- Inexpensive

- Store Bought

- Nice Storage Case

- Hold up very well with all lubricants

- GReat at removing overspray.

- nice blue hypnotic color.

BradE
12-06-2001, 12:34 PM
What Guess said ;) :up

TortoiseAWD
12-06-2001, 02:53 PM
To add to Guess` list, I like the consistency of Clay Magic, too . . . it`s not as stiff as Z-18 (which can be a bit of a pain to knead and form, imo), but it`s not so soft as to smear all over the place (ala Meguair`s). <goldilocks>This one is juuuuuuust right.</goldilocks>

CM clay also forms to and sticks to your "claying" hand as you use it . . . I liked this, as there seemed to be less chance of dropping the bar. I could remove my hand from the paint and hold it horizontally, and the clay wouldn`t fall off. Sticks to your hand, but not the paint, though; it never smeared or left residue.

One more plus, it worked quite well with Meg`s Final Inspection (which is both relatively inexpensive and widely available) as lube.

Tort

Lemonxxs
12-06-2001, 02:59 PM
True TORT it does stick to your hand. I have dropped a mothers but never the CM.

To add to my list:

Works well with soapy solutions, does not get mushy.

rd_volvo
01-17-2002, 05:57 PM
OG Clay.

imported_Intermezzo
01-18-2002, 01:26 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Guess My Name [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Clay Magic

- Inexpensive
- Store Bought
- Nice Storage Case
- Hold up very well with all lubricants
- GReat at removing overspray.
- nice blue hypnotic color. [/b]</blockquote>
Which stores do they sell it at MB?

Lemonxxs
01-18-2002, 10:09 AM
My local pep boys and autozone sell it. Also If I remember correctly a friend of mine picked some up at the local PPG paint supplier store.

If not they are online somewhere in this vast world we call the world wide web.