PDA

View Full Version : Accutire MS-4000GB Tire Gauge

offcenter
12-03-2001, 09:25 AM
I recently purchased this digital tire gauge to replace my old Accu-Gauge round faced, push and hold analog tire gauge. The Accutire MS-4000GB is a great, easy to read digital gauge. You press and hold the gauge on the tire valve and it "stores" a nice, easy to read, backlit digital readout of your pressure for 10 seconds. With 0.5 lb. increments, it`s easy to fill all 4 tires to the exact pressure. Highly recommended, it comes with lithium long life cells and a nice case. Great stocking stuffer, priced from $18 (ebay) to around $25 (Amazon). Now after I clean and apply 303 to my tires, I can check the pressure.:up

Langley Interior Car Kare
12-04-2001, 01:30 AM
i was gonna get my dad one but i wasnt sure which digital was a good one.........i appreciate it....great idea...:up.BTW...i like the .5 in your cars year thingy...cute...:) let me ask you...........whats the reflex thing mean...:confused:

offcenter
12-04-2001, 09:22 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by FLONI [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>i was gonna get my dad one but i wasnt sure which digital was a good one.........i appreciate it....great idea...:up.BTW...i like the .5 in your cars year thingy...cute...:) let me ask you...........whats the reflex thing mean...:confused: [/b]</blockquote>
FLONI,

Accutire has 2 other digital gauges but they don`t have the backlit feature. In my dark garage area, I need all the light I can get, except the fluorescent lights that show the scratches in my clearcoat.

The "Reflex" is just the color for the VW Passat. Instead of just calling it Silver, it`s Reflex Silver since they have a few variations on "silver" colors. The ".5" indicates a model year change, the 2001.5 was an early 2002 release, it`s a VW thing.

BradE
12-15-2001, 02:01 PM
I like this tire gauge. It`s cool looking and works well (very accurate, measure to the half pound). I found mine at Sears and it was on sale for $16.99:up :up

miguelgf
12-15-2001, 04:45 PM
Check out your local Costco as well - they`ve got `em for $14.99 all the time.

Langley Interior Car Kare
12-15-2001, 06:05 PM
i love it...especially the 1/10th readings like SRL was saying....way cool toy:up

kreativ
01-08-2002, 05:19 AM
Most, if not all, the digital tire gauges I`ve seen have been made by this same company. They also make the Park-Zone IR parking assistant. I just got a new one at Costco for $14.99, like JohnN mentioned. The difference between their different models is usually just the casing.

miguelgf
01-08-2002, 09:50 AM
Interesting - I bought the Park Zone - didn`t even realize it was made by the same company. It works like a charm as well - I bring my car within 4 inches of the wall every time, without so much as a bump. Well worth the $14.99 I paid for it.

The tire gauge is a score as well - if it had a bleeder valve, it would be unbeatable. I wonder if there`s any way to add a bleeder valve to a tire stem.

kreativ
01-08-2002, 06:34 PM
Yup, they`re all made by Measurement Specialties Inc.
http://www.msiusa.com/default/index.asp (`http://www.msiusa.com/default/index.asp`)
You`ll also notice that a lot of other branded digital tire gauges (like the ones from Radio Shack) are just rebranded AccuTires.

By the way, JohnN, where did you get the ParkZone for $14.99? I`ve been meaning to pick up a couple of these.