PDA

View Full Version : Heater for garage

hkross
12-02-2001, 08:12 PM
I have a 2 car garage. It has a extremly high celing and is extra long. I was wondering what kinda heater should i buy for it? I got little funds.

Redcar GUY
12-02-2001, 08:51 PM
do you have elec., gas,? Elec-220? Need more info:)

I use a elec. Heater that hangs from the Ceiling runs on 220, My garage is 25X26 9 1/2 foot Ceiling..

Lemonxxs
12-03-2001, 02:25 PM
Get a heater that fits your budget and puts out over 20000 btu for a 2 car garage. Try not to install it too close to the cars since this will make it a PIA when cleaning them cause you will burn your rump.

With those ceiling heights you may consider getting a ceiling fan to help distribute the air as well.

Brad B
12-11-2001, 04:35 PM
I looked into different gas, oil and electric units and ended up installing a small household gas heat electric a/c unit in the attic and routed through flexible ducts. (This can be done without an attic as well.) It wasn`t cheap but much less expensive than I imagined. It was well worth it since I now can heat AND cool it so my payback comes year-round.

I have a detached garage. Before I did the a/c heat unit I insulated the walls, ceiling and garage doors and installed glass block on the windows (security reasons, too) and it made a HUGE, HUGE difference. Do this if you can. :up

Lemonxxs
12-11-2001, 04:49 PM
You mean if You Can Afford TOO. LOL

Central AC/Heat is the ultimate! I what other little surprizes you have in the Sanctuary or should we say VAULT Brad?

Brad B
12-11-2001, 04:54 PM
I`ll get pictures of my winch and trap door in action when I bring the snowblower down. No need for it yet. Maybe I should take some shots of the attic area. I hide all my garden stuff up there. It has a peak that is about 7 foot tall so I can walk around easily.

Redcar GUY
12-11-2001, 05:30 PM
Brad it seems like you and I are alot alike:)

I also store all my (stuff that I dont want to look at all the time) Up in the Attic. I also Have a trap door that is in the ceiling to acess all that stuff:) My rule is that there should NEVER be anything sitting on the floor! This excludes! Jacks and jack stands and the refridge and the cars:)

Glad to see there is someone out there as Anal about there cars home as me> Back out to the garage!