PDA

View Full Version : What is your most Valueable >>

Pages : [1] 2

Redcar GUY
12-02-2001, 05:55 PM
Detailing tool?

Mine is an old Desk chair that I wheel around on in the garage, I can adjust the Height and it moves real smooth. I love it, use it all the time for detailing and other car work. I did Break the back off it of didnt mean to but it still works

Lets hear yours!>

andrew43
12-02-2001, 05:59 PM
Has to be the infamous butt crack! Very useful during plumbing too :D .

Seriously...umm...I dont have anything too expensive or elaborate. I love my cali water blade (yes, i use it VERY carefully and have NEVER had a scratch from using it) so that will be my answer.

Bluedog
12-02-2001, 06:07 PM
hmm.. its hard to say for me. the absorber is definitley up there for a product that greatly changed my drying style. hmm... besides that i guess i would simply say my microfiber (neatitem) towels are my most valuable detailing tool.:D

imported_BretFraz
12-02-2001, 06:13 PM
For the last 20 years it`s been my trusty orbital buffer. That thing has made me a few bucks. But it`s going on the shelf, replaced by a new Porter Cable 7424 which I`ll receive this week. If the PC is all it`s cracked up to be, that will be by #1 detailing tool.

I love my CWB - all the hand-wringing about it is misplaced, IMO.

I love clean windows and the new combo of Viper Glass Cleaning Cloth and Sprayway cleaner is making me a very happy boy.

rmccall6
12-02-2001, 06:20 PM
I love my Blackfire and PC, and I happened to find a foldable basket/bin thingy, all of my detailing suplies and towels fits in there perfectly and its all nice and organized and easy to find a product.

Steve @ Guru
12-02-2001, 06:56 PM
Wooden step stool (about 14" high and very sturdy); I use it to stand on for washing the top of the Tahoe 4x4, or I sit on it when detailing the rocker panels, etc. Had it for over 10 years and love it.

And of course I can`t forget my trusty PC. Where would we be without this fabulous tool?

JonB
12-02-2001, 06:58 PM
The PC is definitely up there as a valuable detailing tool! But it seems that almost every detailing task requires the use of a quality Microfiber towel. So my vote goes to the MF (YoSteve quality or better).

H :up

pagerart
12-02-2001, 07:03 PM
My most valuable detailing tool(s)? The Porter-Cable buffer is at the top, followed closely by the Absorber. A bottle of Quik Detailer is right up there too!

Lenny
12-02-2001, 07:28 PM
My Porter Cable buffer is my most valueable tool, followed by my entire collection of Meguiars Mirror Glaze products.

Redcar GUY
12-02-2001, 07:40 PM
looks like I need a PC:rolleyes: ?????.......

BradE
12-02-2001, 07:46 PM
Well, there are a few. But, I must say I like a high quality non-linting Microfiber towel.

Second would have to be my rotary buffer, you can really work miracles with one of these if you know what you are doing.

camrykid
12-02-2001, 07:52 PM
I have a little tool that I use on every car I detail. I have a 1 inch sponge mat that is about 18 in.-10 in and I sit on it to do the bottom half of a car or truck, I could not do without it. Something so simple that makes my life a little easier.

racintodd out:up

Laird Sparks
12-02-2001, 08:24 PM
I`d have to say MF towels, foam sponges, and some QD

Glozz
12-02-2001, 08:51 PM
It has to be the Microfiber towels that I use. I only need two of the small "Vipers" to finish off drying the car.

I`d place the Absorber second in line, and to finish I`d put my new Makita 9227c rotary buffer in the third spot. Just in case I need a very fine finish!

muttgrunt
12-02-2001, 08:53 PM
Without a doubt...my Porter Cable with the velcro backing plate and quick change polishing pads. Second would be my computer which enables me to come to places like this and obtain an enormous amount of useful detailing information. I mean...it was here about a year ago that I found out about the PC 7424 in the first place !!!!

TBone

95 White Bronco (garage queen)

86 Brown F150 pick up (daily driver)

99 Metallic blue Peterbilt (bread winner) (and a bear to detail) :)