PDA

View Full Version : Back again, and with an S4 to boot!

Pages : [1] 2

neoprufrok
12-01-2001, 09:10 PM
Hey everyone.

Haven`t been around for awhile, more of a product of trying to get used to my 100+ hour a week schedule and the stress of buying a new car.

That`s right, I am a proud new owner of a 2001 Silver S4!!! (Brad we`ll need to talk!) Took delivery this past Tuesday and have been smiling ever since!

Interestingly enough, I went from a black car to a silver car. So now the question is, how am I going to wax it? BTW the car was already waxed by the dealer (a huge faux pas on there part, but acceptable considering they used Klasse on the car!).

Can`t decide if I`m going to go Zaino on this one or Klasse.

I`ll keep you posted!

Brad: Have you looked into chipping your car?

BradE
12-01-2001, 09:11 PM
Man, S4`s are sweet rides, congrats on your purchase. Do you have any pics?

FastHappy
12-01-2001, 09:13 PM
hey richard welcome back and congrats on the new car. the only thing i`m wondering... when the heck are you going to find time detail it;)

ISLANDSBEST
12-01-2001, 10:01 PM
Welcome back. Congrats on the S4. Nice car. The silver may not shine up as nicely as the dark coloring, but at least you avoid stiring up swirl neurosis.

YoSteve
12-02-2001, 01:23 AM
wow nice ride! i love those things

welcome to the VW/Audi family ;)

:bounce

neoprufrok
12-02-2001, 03:14 AM
Showroom lincoln: Trying to get some soon.

Snake: good to hear from you too. I am having a hard time finding time to do this, but I am anxious. Unfortunately, I have noticed a few barely noticeable swirls but these wont` be a problem.

darbh: Yeah, I think the silver on this Audi is beautiful. Can`t wait to see if I can make it shine as nice as a black car.

yosteve.com: Yes, I am happy to be a part of the VW/AUDI family. Hope I can contribute to them (at audiworld.com) as much as I have with this and my honda site.

YoSteve
12-02-2001, 03:59 AM
hey feel free to tell them about me ;) is that advertising, i`m asking you to audiworld not here, hmmm :D

imported_Brad
12-02-2001, 01:40 PM
Richard, you have great taste in cars! You will love the S4.

No, I have not chipped yet. I will likely wait until after the warranty is gone. Audi has an official negative stance on chipping and the fear of a future warranty claim getting denied keeps me stock for now.

Do consider a Neuspeed rear swaybar, though. It does wonders.

Congrats! If you want to talk S4 feel free to email me.

bbloo@dkmail

Brad

Lawrence
12-02-2001, 05:21 PM
neo, i am very familiar with all sorts of chipping done to s4`s, 2.7t`s, 1.8t`s, and the whole vw/audi lineup. if you have any questions just ask. for the s4 i would def choose APR over all others. check out www.goapr.com for more info. also audiworld is a great forum.

cary

Footy
12-02-2001, 11:00 PM
Hey Richard,

Good to have you back! Congrats on the new car - as Brad said, you have great taste :up

Don2000g
12-03-2001, 09:07 AM
Good to see you buddy! Damn boy, you`re not a doctor yet and you`re already spoiling yourself. Hehe! Well good for you. The S4 is such a nice machine. I may get some flames on this but I definitely prefer the S4 to the BMW 3 series. There`s just something sporty yet elegant look of that car. Sweet! Now put some 35% tint and that silver babe will be even more stunning.

Oops! Is there a California ban on all tints or tint on the front windows? At any rate, good to hear you buddy. By the way I can`t seem to remember what you`re specializing in. Laters

neoprufrok
12-03-2001, 11:03 PM
Don, haha.

Yeah, good to hear from you too.

I`ve been thinking about tinting it 35% too, but there is a ban on that here in Cali. Thinking about doing it anyway.

As for me, I`m in general surgery training.. quite rigorous and tiring! But rewarding nonetheless to operate.

Good to see you are still the top poster and holding the fort down for us Klasse/Blitz guys!!!

Bob Post
12-04-2001, 01:04 AM
They are nice cars, only thing that stopped me was the documented tranny problems. Interior is much nicer than the Bimmers. Good luck with the car, if your ever in Dallas and want to race, look me up and we can hook up at TX MotorSpeedway!

imported_Homer
12-04-2001, 01:59 AM
Not any that I know of. The only thing is that it is prohibitted to have the front windshield and driver/passenger windows tinted. Alas, whatever is listed in the books, I find that the CHP and Po-po`s are usually turning a blind eye to the law. I`ve never had problems with tinted windows, unless you have a red souped up Honda/Acura and are driving with a loud muffler.

IMHO, get a reasonably shaded tint and drive responsibly to not attract attention from the police.

Huy

Don2000g
12-04-2001, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I`m still here Richard. I`ll always be a big fan of Klasse and Blitz. They`re great products at a very good price. For most colors and especially medium to dark colored cars I prefer Klasse to Zaino. And Blitz is just in such a league of its own. I mean you get an absolutely huge tin can of a great wax for less than $18. You add its great depth and durability and you get the best wax value in my opinon.

Thanks for the info Huy. Laters