PDA

View Full Version : Iwent to auto Zone looking for a wash mitt>

Pages : [1] 2

Redcar GUY
11-30-2001, 03:25 PM
I found 4 different ones? Witch one is the good one?? they were all Viking.. none of them said 100% cotton so I didnt buy any, how much$ and what exactly is the one I want like? THX

ww50th
11-30-2001, 03:32 PM
I just bought the MF Wash Mitt from CMA, (Classic Motoring Accessories) it`s on sale and it arrived in 2 days....along with my Blackfire!! YEEEHAWWW

Check `em out....it`s just a matter of clicking on the link located on the top right of this page!!

No affiliation, just a happy customer!

:bounce

Preachers Sheets
11-30-2001, 03:42 PM
I bought the Viking mitt that looks like white cotton.

I recently purchased a bunch of Royal Velvet towels and now I use a portion of a towel instead of the mitt, I`ll never go back. I can see the dirt show up so much easier, I can rinse it out ALOT easier, I can see what area I didn`t rinse. Overall it`s alot safer to wash the car and everything on the washing material is so much easier to spot before it`s too late.

:bounce

DETAILKING
11-30-2001, 03:48 PM
and has the 100% cotton seal on it......(looks like a green "cartoon" tree)

All others are cotton/poly blends and are to be avoided because of possible scratching........

Preachers Sheets
11-30-2001, 03:50 PM
DetailKing is talking about the same one I had. Wrist band and all.

Redcar GUY
11-30-2001, 04:51 PM
thanks Guys!

I am going to look around, CMA has the MF Mitt for $9.95

and the Chenille for $7 I had the Sheep skin one from Griots, it is in like 2-3 pieces and it was like $16 and they have sent me 2 free becouse they keep fallin apart. Good service, just not a good product..

JimO
11-30-2001, 05:04 PM
Besides Autozone and Kragen, do you know if they sell this Viking 100% chenille cotton mitt (white wrist band with cotton logo) at Walmart or Target?

vettefan67
11-30-2001, 05:08 PM
In my area (So. Cal.) <em class=`bbc`>all[/i] of the Viking mitts have a white cuff. Kragen is the only place I have found the 100% kind and I have looked at a lot of places around S.D. Don`t just go by the white cuff, find the 100% cotton logo. I`m sure you`ll find them somewhere. If not, go for the more expensive Pinnacle one.

imported_Intermezzo
11-30-2001, 06:35 PM
I just got a Viking mitt from Autozone. It`s got the white elastic wrist cuff, but I can`t find a 100% cotton seal anywhere.

Isn`t there a way to check for polyester by lighting a match and burning one of the strands and seeing how it burns?

Thanks.

vettefan67
11-30-2001, 06:37 PM
You can tell if something is 100% cotton by burning it, but I forgot how to tell if it`s cotton:rolleyes:

I can tell you with certainty that Viking told a member of the board that ONLY the ones marked 100% cotton are in fact 100% cotton. All of the others are a blended product. You can probably find this by searching the archives..

vettefan67
11-30-2001, 06:40 PM
It`s in this thread (`http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=2930&highlight=viking+100%25+cotton+seal`)

Lemonxxs
11-30-2001, 06:51 PM
Get the MF mitt it is awesome. I love it it holds tons of suds and washes great. Plus it removes dead bug carcasses very easily.

Heck I am a MF junky now!

Redcar GUY
11-30-2001, 07:04 PM
"""Plus it removes dead bug carcasses very easily"""""""

Bugs dont stick to the Zainoed cars;) :p LOLOLOLOLOLOL Heheh

Lemonxxs
11-30-2001, 07:08 PM
They stick to mine but Louisiana has nasty bugs!

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-30-2001, 08:23 PM
check it out...like puter sid...im the bonehead who got the email from viking about the mitts....here`s the low down...Viking makes 2 chenille mitts....1 has a blue wrist band and is not 100% cotton...but its good,,,,but not Autopia good...;) the other has a white wrist band and says.....on the carboard label that the mitt is hung on...the actual words"100% cotton"...so look for the label inside the mitt....but...easier is to check the outside of the cardboard...and right under the name Viking....if it just says chenille mitt....than it aint 100% cotton....to see what i mean....when you go to targets...kragens...wherever...if they have Viking stuff...then i know they have those stupid mops on a stick by Viking......with the 100% chenille mophead on it......thats the wording your looking for.....the mitt should say the exact words that that mophead label says on it....i know they all have these mops...because hardly anybody buys them so they have a miilion in stock........im outta breathe....BTW....now i cant find the darn things around me....i had like 4 of them ....gave 2 away....and now my 2 are getting a little old.....DK...where do you get them from jersey...which Autozone......help a NewYorker out my zaino brother..............;) :p