PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

Josiah
11-29-2001, 05:09 PM
What have any of you experienced with insurance? I`ve gotten one ballpark quote for liability only, and several insurance companies won`t insure mobile detailing beause it is so "unique," or small.

I`m getting a quote tomorrow... Anybody have any feedback? Lability only, or equipment covered as well as auto protection?

Josiah

Glozz
11-30-2001, 11:58 PM
insurance, I spoke with an ex-detailer turned insurance agent in my local area. I`ll be getting a quote sometime late next week. I`ll post the company on this thread.

As for levels of coverage, it all depends on your equipment, if you are going to drive your clients cars to and from the location and what level of protection you wish to have.

One thing that is neat is if I use my Toyota 4Runner to pull my new enclosed trailer, I can get what is called "artisian" insurance which covers my 4Runner even when not being used for work related travel. It`s about 30% more then standard insurance but covers two things!

I`ll keep you posted.

boywonder
12-01-2001, 09:44 PM
Are you using the same insurance provider that you use for your regular home and auto insurance? If not, what companies handle insurance for detailing businesses?

Glozz
12-02-2001, 01:28 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by PrinzII [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Are you using the same insurance provider that you use for your regular home and auto insurance? If not, what companies handle insurance for detailing businesses? [/b]</blockquote>
I`m getting this information later in the week. From my take on this insurance thing, there are different companies that will or will not insure "Detailers". It`s all in the level of business they do.

From my findings: companies like State Farm, PEMCO (mine), All State do just basic insurance. Some will do business policies, but they have many hoops to jump through.

I`ll keep you posted...

Josiah
12-03-2001, 12:12 PM
A lot of the larger companies simply don`t offer insurance for mobile detailers. One offered insurance for detail shops, but had not "market" for mobile.

A lot of the small ones do offer it, however, and I managed to find a guy who has a few other mobile detail clients in the state, at All Lines Insurance.

Josiah

Glozz
12-13-2001, 08:11 PM
Called my potential insurance guy and found that he has been moving his office to a new building all week long. He only had his voice mail working.

I`m starting to wonder how this guy would handle things if I needed his help on a pending claim??

Michael Dhem
06-06-2006, 11:26 PM
I recently visited http://www.imadirtyrottenspammer.com I got from an insurance forum.. Check this out if you need insurance. You can really save a lot with their cheap insurance. They also offer free insurance quote online.

Joshua312
06-07-2006, 04:06 AM
I recently visited http://www.imadirtyrottenspammer.com I got from an insurance forum.. Check this out if you need insurance. You can really save a lot with their cheap insurance. They also offer free insurance quote online.

Spam! :banned: :beware

brwill2005
06-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Shop for a garage keepers policy. Mine basically covers everything while the customer`s car is in my possesion.