PDA

View Full Version : What will give the best shine?

itsdavetime
06-13-2004, 10:46 PM
I just purchased an `04 Infiniti G35 coupe, and want to find out which is the best product to give it the best shine. I`ve had BMW`s, Lexus, etc. in the past, and have always used Meguire`s and was happy with the results.

I just waxed using Meguire`s NXT Tech Wax using an orbital buffer. Looks pretty good.

Basically, what can I do to give it a "show room" shine? I`ve read threads on glaze and such, but I`ve never used a glaze. I always just wash and wax. What steps am I missing, and what products should I be using?

Thanks...

bigron62
06-13-2004, 11:06 PM
i achieve great results with clay bar/ polish/ carnuba for dark colors or polymer sealer for bright colors . if you want professional results then get some professional products .. many of us use the porter cable polisher to get optimum results . im detailing for money so i use one. if you want optimum results get one & invest in some microfiber towels ... the comment under my avatar is just a joke. i use products i get from a distributor by the gallon.

Jngrbrdman
06-14-2004, 12:01 AM
If you are happy with how it looks then I don`t see why you should change. There are lots of products out there that look different to everybody. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Don`t look for the perfect product. There is no such thing. Instead, you should be looking for the perfect process. You won`t find everything you are looking for in one bottle, as I am sure you know. Clay, polish, sealants, waxes.... there are many things that combine to create the perfect shine. Its just a matter of finding the right combination that suit your own tastes.

Don
06-14-2004, 07:48 AM
Always remember that in the quest for "The Perfect Shine," proper prep work is far more important than the last step product.

Bob
06-14-2004, 07:54 AM
Congrat`s on the new purchase and for going with the Infiniti over the 350Z. If you want a show room shine I highly recommend you polish the paint to perfection. Don`t worry or look for that wonder wax. Once the paint it perfect you can top it off with a good wax or sealant.