PDA

View Full Version : Blackfired over Zaino, no problem.

jps
11-22-2001, 09:19 PM
Used DAWN and an aggressive wash to start with, and the DAWN wash process apparently removed much of the Zaino.

Whatever Zaino was left did not interfere with the application or bonding of Blackfire. Looks good, but I did not finish till dusk so I will need to see it in the light to know if I like the look better than Zaino or if it is simply equivelent.

It was more work to apply than Zaino, but maybe I overdid the rubbing! I think I need a porter cable if I am going to keep using this stuff.

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-22-2001, 09:26 PM
everything ive ever seen posted about that says dawn canott take Zaino off...maybe like u said there was zaino left and u just went right over it with the BF.....whatever works....interested to see the longevity if the zaino is still there though....im sure ithers will chime in when they come out of their comas from today`s fowl....:)

jps
11-22-2001, 09:54 PM
Yeah, frankly I was surprised the Zaino appeared to be effected by the DAWN. All I can say is the water was sheeting instead of beading and the normally slick Zaino surface feel was missing when I dried. The slight swirl marks that had been filled in with Z5 were also very visable post-wash.

I had Z1-Z5-Z2-Z5-Z2-Z2 on the vehicle. Last application was three weeks ago, with one wash with a standard car wash detergent in between. Following a wash with the standard car wash detergent there was no evidence of missing Zaino.

But this was an aggressive wash with a lot of rubbing, HOT water and several passes over all panels.

JimO
11-22-2001, 10:39 PM
jps,

What is your opinion on Blackfire?

How did it compare to Zanio?

What color is your car?

Thanks!

jps
11-22-2001, 10:59 PM
olivher,

Initial impression is very very good, but I need to see it in the sunlight (hopefully we have some tomorrow). Zaino is tough competition!

My car is "Agean Blue Pearl", which is kind of a bright blue. Somewhat darker than the VW that bigboyhf Blackfired and posted pictures of. It looks quite dark in evening and bright in sunshine.

I will say I think the Blackfire has less static-cling then Zaino, it shines nicely, and did seem to mimic the hype. I am hoping when I see it in daylight it will be slightly less reflective than Zaino and has the deeper look that is being touted.

I will post an updated opinion when I can make a better evaluation.

jps
11-24-2001, 11:02 AM
OK, I like!

I think the look of the color is very similar to what I acheived with Z5... only with less applications. I found Z5 darkened the color somewhat.

It is slightly less reflective than Zaino, but still shines beautifully. Looks good in all lighting conditions.

Not as much static dust attraction as Zaino....

Not as much static dust attraction as Zaino!!!!

The polish is very Zaino like, hard and smooth when dry. The paint protection is softer/oilier than Zaino and doesn`t seem to harden like Z2 or Z5? I think Z2 and Z5 are easier to buff out. Actually, I found Zaino easier to apply as well (maybe I am just not used to all those little circular motions!)

Some will no doubt prefer Zaino or Klasse or ???, but this is an excellent product that meets my needs.

JonB
11-24-2001, 08:39 PM
jps....did you use the BF QD stuff for a final wipe? If not, its worth a try!

H

jps
11-24-2001, 11:12 PM
bigboyhf, not yet... I did not pay enough attention when I ordered the new car kit (no detailer included). I ordered some upon discovering my lapse, it should arrive early next week.

I think the detailing spray should have been in the kit instead of the wheel cleaner!

JonB
11-25-2001, 11:16 AM
The BF QD spray is almost the best part! It really "sets" the final gloss. I think it even gives it the feel of a wax... I`m anxious to know your experience with it since I think I am the only one so far to have used it.

H