PDA

View Full Version : Man I`m stuffed!!! Eagle 20/20 comment.....

JonB
11-22-2001, 08:02 PM
I spent the morning washing and detailing the bimmer. Put XPEL on the headlights, though I might have to redo one of them. :mad:

Anyways, I was a pretty die hard fan of Stoners for doing glass. Used crumpled newspaper and worked really well. But I picked up some Eagle 20/20 from Autozone the other day and tried it out. I used the glass MF from CMA (also tried plain terry cloth). This stuff is really excellent. I think its faster and a bit easier to use than Stoners. I also used it on my tinted windows which it says it is safe for... Worked great. My can of Stoners is almost gone, but I think I have found a worthy replacement. It pays to experiment sometimes. I have tried many products that have been recommended here and some meet my standard and others don`t.... I`m gonna have a garage sale soon for all the products that didn`t pass my torture test!

H

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-22-2001, 08:25 PM
:) which worked better with the 20/20...the terry or the viper...

dtraylor
11-22-2001, 09:46 PM
I love to use 20/20, it works really good for me. The windows look great and stay cleaner with it now, and its just like using Windex. I have only used terry cloths with it, but I will try it with newspaper sometime. My only problem is that I seem to be going thru it really fast :(

JasonC8301
11-22-2001, 09:59 PM
on garage sale?

I would be interested in any that I have not tried, but not willing to pay full price.

Jason

PS I still live by my Ef Clear Vision, get a gallon of it.

Scottwax
11-23-2001, 02:19 AM
Not only does Eagle 20/20 glass cleaner work great, but it is dirt cheap and readily available. It also repels water ala Rain X, although the effect is not as pronounced. Still, water starts rolling off the windshield at around 40 mph (vs 30-35 for freshly applied Rain X).

dtraylor
11-23-2001, 09:57 AM
AND its easy to use, doesn`t make your wipers skip, and doesn`t leave a haze on the windshield! :)

imported_nihoole
11-23-2001, 10:10 AM
This was only the fourth type of window cleaner I had tried but I love it.I think the way you wipe off the product has alot to do with streaking.I have found when I spray the whole window wet everything... let set about 2/4 minutes use a surgical towel to work it in and then use a MF towel for the final wipe it comes out clear and streak free.The 20/20 does go fast when you clean your windows every day:)

JonB
11-23-2001, 10:44 AM
I found that terry works great. I used the yellow glass MF that has the open rather than looped fibers. The MF just seemed less likely to scratch on the tinted windows, but I think they both worked equally as well. I think I did do a final pass with one of YoSteve`s MF just because I wanted to see them <span style=`color: red`>NOT lint...still can`t believe it!!

H (Not sure what is in the garage yet, I will have to do inventory and that might take a week or two!)