PDA

View Full Version : blackfired on Turkey Day

Pages : [1] 2

hdflame
11-22-2001, 07:05 PM
Hi everyone, great forum for us new guys...Today at 6am I put the turkey in the oven and ran into the garage with my new blackfire kit in hand, I have 35 guests coming at 2pm, my mission was, you guessed it...blackfire my 2001 white montero sport, which has only seen mequiars gold class, I could`nt wait to see the results...well here they are...I did everything in the instruction book that came with the kit and I used my porter cable....WOW what a difference, I am so impressed with this product, very easy to do, goes on and off with ease. shines like never before,I did the whole truck in 3.5 hours and that is with a second layer of protectant followed by the blackfire qd...You can really see how great this truck looks at nite, kinda sparkles, well I hope this helps others with white vehicles, Thanks to all on this forum, I have learned so much! Joe Valfre

JasonC8301
11-22-2001, 07:23 PM
Good to hear you like the Blackfire :)

Are you planning on more layers?

Happy Thanksgiving,

Jason

JonB
11-22-2001, 07:42 PM
I think those sparkles are neutrino`s or top quarks or something that just glow in the dark! I would be careful about too many layers as it might reach critical mass and go nuclear....;)

H

JasonC8301
11-22-2001, 09:49 PM
"Nuclear" ::nods head:: ~ Homer Simpson.

HAHA

Even after AP Chemistry I know what quarks are but what the heck are neutrino`s?

:bounce ;)

Jason

Laird Sparks
11-22-2001, 09:57 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by JasonC8301 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>"Nuclear" ::nods head:: ~ Homer Simpson.

HAHA

Even after AP Chemistry I know what quarks are but what the heck are neutrino`s?

:bounce ;)

Jason [/b]</blockquote>
I thought homer said "Nuculear"

JasonC8301
11-22-2001, 10:03 PM
it was NU-ClEar or something like that according to my memory.

Maybe Matt Groening (sp) changed it?

Eh, missed TV and the Simpsons.

Wait, Wait, Wait, why are adults watchin the Simp....well no comment :p

Jason

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-22-2001, 10:22 PM
remember when we all learned there was 3 things in there...proton... electron...neutron.....well i think some big brained guy then used a really high powered gizmo to discover....other things....called neutrinos in the atoms....besides the other 3....or im totally whacked out and off base....probably the latter...:)

JimO
11-22-2001, 10:30 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by 2001 sport [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Hi everyone, great forum for us new guys...Today at 6am I put the turkey in the oven and ran into the garage with my new blackfire kit in hand, I have 35 guests coming at 2pm, my mission was, you guessed it...blackfire my 2001 white montero sport, which has only seen mequiars gold class, I could`nt wait to see the results...well here they are...I did everything in the instruction book that came with the kit and I used my porter cable....WOW what a difference, I am so impressed with this product, very easy to do, goes on and off with ease. shines like never before,I did the whole truck in 3.5 hours and that is with a second layer of protectant followed by the blackfire qd...You can really see how great this truck looks at nite, kinda sparkles, well I hope this helps others with white vehicles, Thanks to all on this forum, I have learned so much! Joe Valfre [/b]</blockquote>
Hi Joe,
Just curious, what kind of applicators pads did you use? Also, what towels did you use to remove the BF?

hdflame
11-23-2001, 08:02 AM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by JasonC8301 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Good to hear you like the Blackfire :)

Are you planning on more layers?

Happy Thanksgiving,
Jason [/b]</blockquote> Jason I am going to put on additional 2 layers over the weekend for added protection before our chicago winter gets nasty. That should take about 1 hour to complete.
Then I am going to do my daughters abused black 97 dodge neon before she goes back to school,this will be a real project. Have a good one!

hdflame
11-23-2001, 08:10 AM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by olivher [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>

Hi Joe,
Just curious, what kind of applicators pads did you use? Also, what towels did you use to remove the BF? [/b]</blockquote>Hi Olivher I used my porter cable with cma`s pads 46-670vc for polish and the 46-770vc for the finish product, I took off products with koala towels with ease, blackfire goes on real thin, dries super fast...good luck Joe

hdflame
11-23-2001, 08:16 AM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by bigboyhf [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I think those sparkles are neutrino`s or top quarks or something that just glow in the dark! I would be careful about too many layers as it might reach critical mass and go nuclear....;)

H [/b]</blockquote>WOW my truck now has a 3rd headlight it must be the neutrino`s

JonB
11-23-2001, 11:03 AM
Neutrino`s are just one of the many sub-atomic particles that are floating around the universe.... I think that Zaino uses tachyons and Klasse uses gluons to create a shine, but I could be mistaken!

H :D

JasonC8301
11-23-2001, 01:33 PM
Cool, Please post about your findings.

thanks,

Jason

skippy492
11-23-2001, 05:15 PM
i did the same thing ysterday. got the blackfire on wed. and washed and clay bar that night. put on the polish and finished up with 2 coats of the sealant stuff. didn`t get the qd stuff yet. car looks very good. mine isa 99 dark green honda coupe. wish the front didn`t have the rock chips, etc, otherwise it would look better than new. i just hand did everything. blackfire goes on easy and comes off even easier.

JonB
11-24-2001, 08:12 PM
So what did you think of the BF? Pictures??

H