PDA

View Full Version : is everybody else seeing these bumper protector thingys all over the place...

Pages : [1] 2

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-20-2001, 03:19 PM
i dont know..maybe its just in the northeast...but for the past 2 mths i`ve been seeing these ugly rubber things that have self-adheive tape on the back...you tape them to your back bumper and i guess in theory they protect you from getting a bad scratch/chip.....i first saw them on taxis...now i see them even on Lexus`....no matter what color they have...even black on a super black car...they dont look right and take away from the overall beauty of the car..IMHO....i wish i had a picture....some people put like 5-6 of them back there...and in the front too....the funniest thing is that wherever they dont put them...thats where i see all paint chips etc....like right in the middle...guess they think well why be careful backing up..i have the little $10 gizmo....

ps...if anybodu here has them im sorry...i said IMHO and ive moved all my $ to an off-shore account ...

Cybercowboy
11-20-2001, 03:52 PM
Here in the Ozarks we just buy squirrel-smashin` deer-bashin` driving machines (SUV`s and pickups) and ram anything that moves. Usually it is softer and weaker than our bumper or grill.

BradE
11-20-2001, 03:56 PM
I know what you are taling about FLONI. I saw them the last time I was in NYC. They are pretty ugly, I even saw them on a couple of limos. :rolleyes:

Lemonxxs
11-20-2001, 05:31 PM
Like CyberCowboy we have brush guards here. Big and rugged for mashing things in our way. Like trees, brush and small animals! LOL

11-20-2001, 05:34 PM
RATS!!!:D

Lemonxxs
11-20-2001, 05:37 PM
Here we have Nutria!

Nutria are over grown, iron pumping, steroids chewing, furry RATS.

YoSteve
11-20-2001, 08:00 PM
nice beaver floni :eek:

anyone seen the magnetic strips that you put on the side of your car inorder to prevent dings from parked cars?

11-20-2001, 08:07 PM
:D ...........dont you guys from Ohio know nuttin...that aint no beaver,...that be a real live Nutria...get wit it boy!!!!!!!:p

YoSteve
11-20-2001, 08:32 PM
it was a quote floni from "naked gun" :) what about marriage proposals that`s harrasment :D you`re right though, that`s a groundhog/woodchuck depending on where you`re from we have a family living in our backyard, seriously.

11-20-2001, 08:45 PM
i got it buddy...im cool too ya know...:D i thought those were like a swamp type thingy...didint know you had them by you too....i havent seen any of thoise thingys(or thigamajig) you were talking about on the sides of cars up here yet...

rstype
11-20-2001, 10:22 PM
Never seen those before in life, but I believe the new Porsche 966s have them standard on the front bumpers.

11-20-2001, 10:32 PM
i gotta get a ic of these things...no Porsche could have ones that look so out of place like this...i bet the Porsche does have them...but way nicer..like everything else on a Porsche...:D

rstype
11-20-2001, 11:19 PM
I take that back... some dont.

This is what I mean: http://www.velocityjrnl.com/jrnl/2002/images/ps2002911turbo01.jpg

11-20-2001, 11:44 PM
:D not to mention those gorgeous red calipers...............oh i love that!!thx BW

JasonC8301
11-20-2001, 11:47 PM
That car looks sweet. Wonder how it drives :) Its a Porsche so it should drive really really well, at least if I get my license.

Sweeeeeeeeet car

::pulls jaw up from floor::

::wipes drool from mouth and keyboard::

Jason