PDA

View Full Version : Check out the improved Wax Test

rstype
11-17-2001, 01:24 PM
www.thewaxtest.com

Much better now, very detailed in the Carnauba vs. Synthetic section. And reading the disclaimer site is very helpful too...

"A wax that didn`t work particularly well for us might work great for you. You should keep using that wax, because ultimately, you are satisfied with the results. You are the most important critic for your own waxes.

Early on in our tests, when we first published our findings from a particular wax, a few people wrote us accusing us of trying to ruin a manufacturer`s reputation and hurt their sales. This couldn`t be farther from the truth of what we`re trying to do."

Check it out...

rstype
11-17-2001, 01:28 PM
Btw... on the second week, Klasse sheeted. On the third week, it starts to bead.

Just like how I experienced it...

Scottwax
11-18-2001, 01:09 AM
Definately an improvement!

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-18-2001, 08:05 PM
"A wax that didn`t work particularly well for us might work great for you. You should keep using that wax, because ultimately, you are satisfied with the results. You are the most important critic for your own waxes.

says it perfectly...

imported_capid1
11-19-2001, 09:50 AM
Hey I like it more now :-) So Klasse is B class, LG is C class.....and Zaino is a B going on A almost.....well that makes sense

Ron Ketcham
11-19-2001, 10:18 AM
I have visited and could not find where they did one of the most meaningful tests.

Heat, the panels were not shown to have been exposed to a set temperature for a set time.

The heat tests will indicate a true strenght of the products

Various waxes have different fracture points, just as polymer resins do.

If the waxes/resins fracture, that lowers the life of the protective values. Some waxes start fracture at 135 F and evaporate, etc.

As far as the beading, that may be due to the grade of distillate used, some low melt waxes blended in, many factors.

Not what I would call a true scientific test procedure or set critera.

Just my views on the subject.

Ketch

:down

DETAILKING
11-19-2001, 10:21 AM
Some of those carnubas are lasting surprisingly long. Because they are using panels, they are not exposed to REAL LIFE elements, plus are not being driven like a normal car is,etc,etc,etc. Interesting test though, and like someone said here before, I do give them an A for effort...........

dtraylor
11-20-2001, 08:28 PM
I like the notes sections on the tests, I enjoy reading those. They give better information in the notes than in the grading chart IMHO.