PDA

View Full Version : Very big smile

KR CoolShine
11-16-2001, 08:26 AM
Yesterday I had the XKR at the dealer I use (not the one in my home town) to replace a wheel -- the right rear got curb rash when some guy in a monster truck edged my wife off the road.

Anyway, as I go out to the car, this gentleman comes running over with a young man in tow. Turns out he does the detailing for the dealer`s cars and (I think) gets to run his detailing business out of the dealer`s place.

He tells me that when he saw my car that morning he brought all his employees over to the car to show them what a properly detailed car looks like!

I didn`t have the heart to tell him that I am getting ready to start over on the car. Here`s what the condition of the car was:

Klassed in May -- 2x AIO and 3x SG

Souveran top coat, most recent 8 weeks ago

Last washed 3 1/2 weeks ago (in fairness we had been on vacation and the car was garaged and covered for almost the entire time).

For anyone in the Louisville area who is willing to trust someone else with a car, he seemed like his heart was in the right place.

edgewise
11-16-2001, 09:25 AM
Very cool, always nice to get complimented for hard work..I had a fellow I`d never met before stop me at the door one day this week and said he drooled over my car everytime he passes it on the way in, asked how I kept it looking so nice...I told him that I have an enslaved 5 yr. old doing the work for me. :D

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-16-2001, 10:26 AM
funny...:) i get alot of commenst when im actually detailing...because i do it on the street and its only about 30 ft from a very busy shopping area...i get the same people coming and going....mostly stuff like"are u still here`...or i love it when they go to hand me their car keys and say...."i should be back in about 2 hours...can u have mine ready by then"...wiseasses....it always makes me laugh....good fro meeting chicas too...:D

boywonder
11-16-2001, 12:09 PM
I usually wind up with an audience or get questions when I wash the Maxima. My neighbors ask what I use and are curious about many of the procedures. Also, my neighbors like when I give out some samples. :D

edgewise
11-16-2001, 12:31 PM
Is that dried wax I see between the hood and the quarter panel Prinz! :eek:

:D

boywonder
11-16-2001, 12:43 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhh......:D

11-16-2001, 12:56 PM
:) ...no mercy baby!!this board is awesome....no matter what ....people will always tell you what they`re thinking....Rip your viscious....;) but in a good way....prinz...i dont gotta say nothing to you cause you know u da man....and i like your repsonse....i dont give otu no samples of zaino...im greedy with that....but i do give away some old Mf`s just so people can see how great they are....

boywonder
11-19-2001, 09:07 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Ripsnort [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Is that dried wax I see between the hood and the quarter panel Prinz! :eek:
:D [/b]</blockquote>
Nope :D. That was not dried wax. That was where the paint had worn down in that area. I might have to go over it with the touch up paint to hide that.

Brad B
11-19-2001, 11:08 AM
Great story. It doesn`t doubt me that your cars are the class of the area!

imported_doug
11-19-2001, 02:57 PM
I love it! makes you feel good, doesn`t it? Way to go. :up

Last time I had the Porsche at the dealer, several of the employees noticed the finish and came over to inspect/compliment. They were surprised to learn the car already had 8K miles and was a year old.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/gheumann/zaino_test/images/reflection_400.jpg

11-19-2001, 08:11 PM
monster or sumthin...:D

dtraylor
11-20-2001, 08:09 PM
I had to go pick up my brother from school the other day, and my mom and dad were at work, so I picked up my neighbor, a really nice 60 or 70 year old lady, and the first thing she said when she got in was "Well you`ve got this all waxed and spiffied up now dont you?" And I got a big grin. Then she asked how old it was an I said `95, and she nodded and said that it looked like it was in really good shape for its age. I`ve had numerous adults compliment on how nice it looks and nobody seems to believe that it is going on 7 years old. Not too very bad for a 15 year old now is it? :)

When my neighbor rode with me, I had just washed and gone over it with Meguiars Gold Class, 20/20`d the windows, Black Magic`d the inside and vacuumed it out good, had the tires dressed up and the rims cleaned and waxed. Next step: Medallion and #26, yeah baby!

YoSteve
11-20-2001, 08:39 PM
)))Bump((( ;) how does your wax stay on the car with all that bass :D it`s good to see a black magic semi-gloss dashboard protectant user (post more often :D) When I tell people my car is going to be two soon, they don`t believe it (yes we will have a birthday party, with gifts!) :D

dtraylor
11-21-2001, 07:15 PM
Steve,

I jsut put on a LOT of wax to begin with and wax perdiodically every few weeks ;) Thanks to you I`m hooked on teh Black Magic now, if I hadn`t have read your post I never would have tried this, and its a truly great product, so thanks alot! BTW, its not all THAT much bass, its only two 12`s and a couple of amps :)

PS: I thought of the board today when my friend brought me home from basketball practice and I showed him my car, I told him it was going on 7 years old and he said that it sure dont look like it :D Made me reall proud that my work is finally getting noticed and paying off. :bounce