PDA

View Full Version : swirl marks

screwed
06-12-2004, 05:37 PM
Whats the absolute best products to use to remove ALL swirl marks. I just bought a black car and it has a lot of swirls. Whats the best stuff to use that wont take so much time and will last a pretty long time.

freedre
06-12-2004, 07:57 PM
I have a 5 year old black Accord that was previously owned by a travelling salesman (no farmer`s daughters jokes please). It was mechanically well maintained, but the paintwork was pretty grim. It had a lot of fairly severe scratches, some down the the primer. I spent quite a few days by trial and error till I found my magic formula:

1. PC 7424
2. Poorboy`s SSR3 with and orange pad
3. Meguires DACP with a white pad
4. Poorboy`s SSR1 with a white pad
5. Poorboys Professional Polish, by hand
6. Poorboys EX, by hand - two layers 24 hours apart
7. Poorboy`s EX-P, by hand 24 hours after the EX

I am really pleased with the results. Depending on the size of your vehicle, you should be able to get through the first 3 steps in a day. The rest is easy.

I would post a picture, but I am too stupid to figure out this new fangled digital camera.

Good luck!!

clean4u
06-12-2004, 09:16 PM
good choice for the first part as for the second part:yeah :yeah as for the camera,,,,,,,:lmfao J/K!!!!!!!!!

screwed
06-13-2004, 04:03 PM
how about the best products that go on by hand?

dr_detail
06-14-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by 360Modena
how about the best products that go on by hand?
If the swirls were caused by a machine (i.e. rotary), its been my experience, that they will need to be removed by a machine. By hand, one can only "fill" the swirls with a something like a hand glaze -- however this will only last through a couple of washes and then one will be right back where one started.

screwed
06-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by dr_detail
If the swirls were caused by a machine (i.e. rotary), its been my experience, that they will need to be removed by a machine. By hand, one can only "fill" the swirls with a something like a hand glaze -- however this will only last through a couple of washes and then one will be right back where one started.

which hand glaze is the best in your opinion?

dr_detail
06-14-2004, 05:36 PM
The ones I use, in order of my preference...
Auto Magic BC-2 (not really a glaze, but does a great job)
Perfect-It Swirlmark Remover (3M part# 39809)
Imperial Hand Glaze (3M part# 06000 )
Meguiar`s #3 (Machine Glaze)
Meguiar`s #7 (Show Car Glaze)
I prefer not to use the latter two, IMO - I think they are just to much work for the desired results. Also keep in mind that each finish and vehicle is unique; so, without seeing a vehicle, I can`t say which one I would use.

GraniteState
06-15-2004, 06:56 PM
I like the AM BC-2 as well and i like the megs #9 swirl remover the #9 might be a good bet to try. I use the #9 with a rotary i have not tried it with a PC.