PDA

View Full Version : Wax question

Pages : [1] 2

isledude
11-09-2001, 12:10 AM
Can anyone explain to me why Pinnacles Paste Glaze isnt recommended for dark colors? if this is true, whats the next best thing to top off the KSG? Thanks.

vettefan67
11-09-2001, 12:15 AM
I haven`t used it so I can`t give experience. I know Souveran is definitely the "next best thing"; it`s better. It`s also $70, depending on where you get it. Try this maybe:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=597638492 (`http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=597638492`)

Completely awesome price BTW. The seller goofed up and made the Souveran "buy it now" price the same as Paste Glaz. you can get the kit for $50, but now that i`ve posted it......:p

JonB
11-09-2001, 09:01 AM
Wait a minute... Don`t forget that the waxtest.com guys gave P21S wax a higher rating than Souveran! (If you take their study as being authoritative). I can only attest to the Souveran being the best though cuz I haven`t tried P21S yet.

H

vettefan67
11-09-2001, 09:23 AM
The waxtest`s rating of something as good would mean someone inexperienced with the product could use it and get semi-decent results. However, you can learn enough here....I wouldn`t take them as an authority. They gave Klasse a horrible score, and once people gave them tips on how to actually <em class=`bbc`>use[/i] the product, the scores jumped.

Anyone that whines about how a product takes "too long" to apply like that is no authority for me. Perhaps some of us care enough about our vehicles to spend a few hours or days with a product that makes it look good for months?

DETAILKING
11-09-2001, 10:01 AM
for 50 bucks....WHAT A DEAL!

bodywork shampoo

Cleansing lotion

2 applicators

Souveran WAX

Rubber Protectant

BradE
11-09-2001, 10:26 AM
DK,

Expect something to be missing from your kit. Myself, ArticWhite, and YoSteve all bought kits from them and each of ours had something missing. Neither I or ArticWhite got the towel that we were suppoesed to get. And YoSteve did not get the Crystal Mist that he was supposed to get.

They WILL NOT send you the missing items. You must return the whole kit. They gave Steve some run around crap, so be careful in your dealings with them.

Good Luck!!

DETAILKING
11-09-2001, 10:38 AM
What in all is supposed to be included in the kit? As long as I get the wax and the PPCL I will be happy, that is a deal alone, and the 2 main products that I wish to try...........

isledude
11-09-2001, 10:42 AM
Ok....Whats a cheaper wax, around the cost of the Paste Glaze that would do fine?

BradE
11-09-2001, 10:59 AM
DK,

I think each varies as to what you are supposed to get. You will get the wax and PPCL. Mine came with Crystal Mist instead of the Rubber protectant. All the kits are supposed to come with a Final Wipe towel, if I had to guess that will be the item that you don`t get.

JasonC8301
11-09-2001, 05:06 PM
Blitz wax ranks with the Souveran and Paste Glaz, the OG Blitz wins hands down in durability compared to Pinnacle Waxes.

The Pinnacle PG shines, the Blitz has less shine BUT provides more depth/wetness than PG, and Souveran has the best of both worlds, depth and shine.

I have tried all 3 of these waxes and a few others (#26, Gold Class its an ok consumer wax, much better than TW, cleaner wax from meguiars, etc.)

Jason

ihetenyi
11-09-2001, 05:15 PM
I got the same kit about three weeks ago. My kit came with crystal mist instead of the vinyl protectant which was the advertised content (not a bad trade). Have fun with the kit... I gave a lot of the stuff I didn`t want away due to the bargain basement pricing.

Steve

Dolphin463
11-09-2001, 05:38 PM
I got the kit and it came with Souveran, PPCL, Shampoo and the applicators. No towel, protectant or crystal mist. Still pretty good deal. Look at the picture on E-bay link above. The picture is pretty much what I received. They claim that they order a special package from CMA and they all come that way.

truvette
11-09-2001, 06:35 PM
What made you buy the Souveran kit? I am just interested as I know you`re not too fond of carnaubas.. ;)

Don2000g
11-11-2001, 03:20 AM
Pinnacle Souveran is better than the P21 in my opinion. It gives a bit more shine and depth and is so easy to use. As for waxes in the $30 price range that are very good, then look no further than P21 and One Grand Blitz carnauba waxes. Both are very good.

DETAILKING
11-11-2001, 09:51 PM
I have been meaning to try out some PPCL, so I figured for that price I get a few more goodies to play around with. I intend to try out Souveran wax over IHG on my dads MINT condition WHITE 1986 Z-28. I only gets driven about 5K miles a year and is a garage queen..........