PDA

View Full Version : what is your favorite way to

imported_Gary
11-08-2001, 05:17 PM
clean carpets and floor mats. Mine are not very soiled but I would like to clean them and then apply some fabric guard. I am thinking of renting a machine because I heard somewhere they do a better job than the spray cleaners. Is there any truth to this?

Brad B
11-08-2001, 06:04 PM
I imagine a pro cleaner would be best, but...

I have gotten very satisfying results with multiple applications of Woolite Heavy Traffic Carpet cleaner or Einmann Fabrik Upholstery Cleaner. I apply with brush or sponge and vacuum out with a powerful shop vac. I often rinse with water to be sure to remove all traces of cleaner.

Lemonxxs
11-08-2001, 06:17 PM
Mine are HD rubber so I wash with the reminents of the car wash bucket then coat with something cheap.

When I had carpet I use to pressure wash them twice a year! in between I would peak under the kitchen sink and use what ever carpet cleaner we had at the time. I do believe I have used Woolite and the one in the red plastic bottle. Oh I lose my memory as I smell more detailing products!

JasonC8301
11-08-2001, 06:42 PM
is the red bottle Resolve?

They sell this at supermarkets and K-mart, I was wondering how well it works.

I have a bottle of Dri-Clean from blue Coral, I am wondering if this stuff works??

Thanks,

Jason

Lemonxxs
11-08-2001, 06:53 PM
RESOLVE thats it!

Yeah it works great in the house too. Great on spots. Make sure you follow the directions else it aint so great.

I have a fresh bottle of the blue coral stuff too. Waiting for a spot to attack but with my dark charcoal interior guess it will be awhile.

bmerjorge21
11-08-2001, 09:38 PM
Second Brad on the Woolite!! Works and smells excellent!! For the carpets I like to dampen with a towel, then spray in the cleaner and work it in with a stiff nylon brush. I then take another damp towel to remove the cleaner as Brad said then vacuum.