PDA

View Full Version : What is your applicator of choice for

imported_Gary
10-31-2001, 09:54 AM
applying protectants such as 303 to interior surfaces. I have been using a small section torn off an old bed sheet; cheap but I imagine there are better applicators out there.

BradE
10-31-2001, 09:58 AM
Foam Pad. Uses less product, and allows for thin even application.

dengelson
10-31-2001, 10:19 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Foam Pad. Uses less product, and allows for thin even application. [/b]</blockquote>
Ditto on that. In fact I just recently starting using a round foam applicator for the dash and door panels and it does put down a more even coat than the paper towels that I used to use. For portability you can spray one of the round foam applicators with your favorite dressing then keep it in a ziplock bag in the glovebox. Now you can do a quick interior detail while you`re stuck in traffic.

TortoiseAWD
10-31-2001, 10:31 AM
I use a clean Eagle One foam tire swipe for the interior; works well, and I prefer it to the round applicators only because it`s easier for me to get into some of the nooks and crannies in my interior with corners of the tire swipe.

YMMV,

Tort

Doughboy
10-31-2001, 11:43 AM
So, basically you guys recommend foam app. pads for just about everything? :D

I use cotton diaper towels now for interior things (vinyl, leather, plastic, etc), but it does seem to use a lot of stuff. When I bought my Lexol, it came with terry applicators.

Do you guys still use terry app. pads for cleaners and polishes like the bottles state? And then foam app. pads for the wax?

I like the baggy idea. Hey, then you can label them and always know what you`ve used with what!

:up

BradE
10-31-2001, 12:13 PM
luvmymax

Many here do use foam for just about everything, including myself. I don`t really like terry covered applicators. They use up a ton of product, don`t apply products thin enough (like Klasse and Zaino), and sometimes they give uneven application, and they can scratch and swirl your paint.

I prefer foam, but that just me. Different people use different things.

Doughboy
10-31-2001, 12:21 PM
How about those microfiber applicators? Or are they only supposed to be used with certain types of wax?

BradE
10-31-2001, 12:26 PM
Some people use them. They are mainly used to apply sealant/wax. I don`t really like the way the grab the surface, and it can be hard to get a nice thin even layer with one unless you have some expierence with them. And, they are not exactally cheap either. I prefer to remove products with Microfiber, not apply them.

ALM
10-31-2001, 12:47 PM
I agree with Showroom, microfiber applicators are just ok, they are a notch about cotton applicatos. IMHO, foam is the way to go, cuz it spreads the product evenly, and they are easy to clean.

YoSteve
10-31-2001, 01:43 PM
mf covered applicator for cleaning, just plain foam for applying :)

Glozz
11-01-2001, 12:11 AM
I just found a anti-static applicator at Westco Auto Supply in Auburn, Washington. These little hummers are FANTASTIC!! The black one`s are soooo soft and hold product like nothing I`ve seen. They also can be used to buff glaze, and polish.

I`m in love with mine!!!

vettefan67
11-01-2001, 04:13 PM
Hey jazzyjack, what is this applicator you are speaking of? Are you able to provide a picture or a URL with info for this? You sound pretty amazed by it.

Glozz
11-01-2001, 10:45 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by puterbum [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Hey jazzyjack, what is this applicator you are speaking of? Are you able to provide a picture or a URL with info for this? You sound pretty amazed by it. [/b]</blockquote>
Hey Puterbum

Westco does not have a web site, however if you are interested in them go to this site and send the owner a email. He`s very fast in responding to customers.

http://www.mr-shine.com/ (`http://www.mr-shine.com/`) click on Race Glaze on the left side and go from there.

Anti-Static Foam Detail Pad is what your looking for.

Hope this helps