PDA

View Full Version : Shelf life for Klasse, PPCL, IHG?

offcenter
10-30-2001, 10:46 PM
I was wondering what the shelf life is for various products are such as:

Klasse AIO, SG

3M IHG and SMR

PPCL

Would a good shaking of the bottles suffice after months of non use? The reason I am asking is that I was wondering whether to buy some PPLC and SMR now even if I won`t use much until the spring time when I will detail both cars. I also have some IHG that is over a year old, when if ever is it time to chuck the stuff and buy new? TIA:confused:

YoSteve
10-31-2001, 09:44 AM
From what I`ve read, not many people have had shelf life problems with any of the synth stuff we use. Some have gotten fungus in their carnuba.

I know that SG is a waterless formula so it won`t rot on you. It might skin which would involve shaking. But the petrolium distialles and acrylic it contains doesn`t react to much (it`s why it performs so good out of the bottle), that and most things that have shelf life concerns are usually have expiration dates.

I know Klasse is `70`s technology, I figured they were all manufactured in th 70`s too ;)

As for the other stuff, it`s solvent based also, it`d last as long as, let`s say spray paint would, however that much is :)

Don2000g
11-05-2001, 04:49 PM
1-2 years is certainly nothing to worry about. Laters.