PDA

View Full Version : Wife says "You all have Obsessive Compulsive Cleaning Disorder Behavior"

Pages : [1] 2

edgewise
10-23-2001, 01:05 PM
We been married 11 years, known each other 16 years. She knows I take care of my equipment, from the lawn tractor to the BMW. Now she claims I found a home on this BBS with others that have the same "Obsessive Compulsive Cleaning Disorder Behavior". Well, she IS an RN, and working toward her PA degree, she might be right!~:bounce

cahlroach
10-23-2001, 02:00 PM
Funny, my conpulsive cleaning behavior doesn`t extend past the garage. My girlfriend claims that I can see a piece of dust on the hood, but I can`t see a major mess in the house.

Lowejackson
10-23-2001, 02:00 PM
Sounds good to me:up I always counter with `there are many more destructive ways to spend time` and `It is a form of exercise`.

My mother was a nurse and she says it is a form of relaxation with a built in feedback system ie start off with a dirty (ish) car and end up with a clean car QED!

Steven

Alfa 164

edgewise
10-23-2001, 02:23 PM
bobg, I forgot to add that part, she meant ANYTHING OUTSIDE the main house, ie the Garage!

Lemonxxs
10-23-2001, 02:44 PM
Leave a dish or glass on the counter and see what she says! LOL

We just care more about the cleanliness of our vehicles more than most!

Better yet let her detail her own car and see how enthusiastic she gets toward it afterwards. It is amazing.

boywonder
10-23-2001, 03:00 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Guess My Name [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Leave a dish or glass on the counter and see what she says! LOL

We just care more about the cleanliness of our vehicles more than most!

Better yet let her detail her own car and see how enthusiastic she gets toward it afterwards. It is amazing. [/b]</blockquote>
http://www.dream2kr.com/smilies/laugh.gif http://www.dream2kr.com/smilies/laugh.gif http://www.dream2kr.com/smilies/laugh.gif http://www.dream2kr.com/smilies/laugh.gif

texaggie1
10-23-2001, 05:41 PM
Just took the trash cans down the driveway with the Kubota G1800 Diesel. When I got done had to break out the MGW and do a quik Mitt wash:p

nerdhunters
10-24-2001, 10:31 PM
How could anyone accuse us of being obsessive - compulsive, opps wait a second there is a smudge on my monitor and I always keep MTs and Invisible Glass at hand OK there we go, heck I don`t feel the need to clean my cars that much. Why I could stop anytime I want to.

YoSteve
10-24-2001, 11:32 PM
my car has been in my garage, getting a little lovin every day since saturday (it helps that it`s been raining so I don`t want to take it out) but already my car smells like SG! OC? well maybe :D (I even killed the battery for having the radio on, haha)

99323ic
10-25-2001, 09:07 AM
Yeah, my wife is the same way, as she always complains that I won`t wash the dishes or clothes, yet can spend hours cleaning my car.

Unfortunately, she` right on the money!

JonB
10-25-2001, 10:12 AM
You think I have OCD.....you should see my wife!!! In my house if you put a glass down on the counter for 1 second, its gone...right into the dishwasher. But thats not even the worst of it. If you are holding a glass and look away for 1/2 second, well it`s gone...where did that baby go??!!

What I don`t understand is with 2 parents that are OCD, how both my sons can live in total squalor. I forgot what color their carpets are since there is never one square inch that isn`t covered with some kind of junk! And if I don`t detail their cars, fugedaboutit!!!!!!!!! :mad:

H

imported_doug
10-25-2001, 10:48 AM
I too am a member of this club. My wife saw this thread - I told her about the 1st post, and just as she started to say "if that were true you wouldn`t leave all this crap around the house" I read her the second. Case closed. I am "infected."

I also get the "how can you remember to go out when the wax is dry, but you can`t remember xxx" and "how can you give your car so much attention and ...."

I guess this board is my "group therapy".

CJ from Granite Bay, CA
10-25-2001, 12:37 PM
What were the dates and times of the group therapy sessions?

DaGonz
10-25-2001, 03:59 PM
yeah...we do...so? :cool:

Anyway, she misdiagnosed us... it should be:

<strong class=`bbc`>Obsessive Compulsive Car Cleaning and Detailing Behavior <em class=`bbc`>(it`s not a disorder!)[/i] [/b]. To quote Seinfeld....<strong class=`bbc`>not that there`s anything wrong with that![/b]

rmccall6
10-25-2001, 04:04 PM
My problem is that i get the car perfect and clean but leave detailing products and tools strewn all over the garage and house.