PDA

View Full Version : Info needed on keeping car clean without a daily washing

CJ from Granite Bay, CA
10-22-2001, 01:54 PM
What is recommend to keep your car clean without giving it a daily wash job. My autos are garaged daily when not in use. I know one can use a California Duster, but I am also experiencing light scratchs in the clearcoat. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BradE
10-22-2001, 01:57 PM
You can use a QD on a regular basis (everyday or every other day), that will help keep the car looking good between washings. Also, you could use a cover when they are not being driven. Get a quality cover, a cheap cover improperly installed can damage your paint. Only get the cover if you can afford it, some good covers can get pretty pricey.

DETAILKING
10-22-2001, 02:07 PM
He keeps a ton of wax on it, and goes over it with a duster and QD every day. He only washes it when he drives in the rain and never allows the car to get very dirty. In fact, he does not even use a bucket, he applies car wash directly on to his wash mitt!

Some food for thought........

YoSteve
10-22-2001, 05:39 PM
here`s my advice although it may not be helpful :)

- use a garage (which you`ve already followed)

- don`t drive in bad weather conditions

- live where the air is cleaner

- only drive a lightcolored car

these all greatly help, but they are hard follow

otherwise, your best bet is some sort of polymer protection. they keep you car looking nicer longer while making it easier to clean which is better cause you`ll do it more often (once a week is enough) make sure to QD after washing and that`ll make all the difference, IMO. Course this is what I follow on my silver car (the light colors allow me to get away with my car looking not so clean midway through the week)

Greek Guy
10-23-2001, 08:45 AM
I use QD on my car daily with a soft cotton towel or a MT. Also when using the duster make sure you go over the surface lightly.