PDA

View Full Version : Klasse + Blitz.. Great combo !

Clean Dean
10-21-2001, 03:01 PM
I Klasse AIO and SG my F150 about 3 months ago and just applied a second coat of Blitz wax since then. I must say that Blitz wax is a great product...deep shine and excellent protection. I wash my truck about once aweek and use Meguiars QD between washings. I recently experimented with Meguiars Gold Class Paste wax and although I like the gloss and shine of the product I don`t believe that the protection holds up to long. I work in a very harsh environment for automobile paint, and durable protection is a priority to me. I was wondering if a polymer sealant will provide the same type of deep shine/gloss of Blitz. I read that a polymer sealant provides better protection that carnubu based waxes. Any opinions or recommendations.

P.S. My truck is a simple base model F150, but I am a fanatic about keeping it clean !!

rmccall6
10-21-2001, 03:08 PM
Klasse is a polymer (acrylic is another term for polymer). Just about all polymers last muchlonger and are much stronger than a wax. CMA`s new Blackfire Line of polymer protectants promises a Soveran like look with the polymer protection. From the few pics i have seen, it looks kinda like Zaino, just a little "wetter", and deeper in color. But we will have to see.

JasonC8301
10-21-2001, 03:10 PM
Is supposed to offer than Klasse/Blitz look.

The product is due out soon, but you can read about it at www.properautocare.com and look for it in the porduct lines section.

Superb truck. It would be cool to have my own F-150 for mobile detailing, but thats a long way in the future.

Jason

DETAILKING
10-22-2001, 11:05 AM
An acrylic is not another term for polymer, it is a type of polymer. There are many different types of polymers, silicone, acrylic, urethane, ethylene,etc,etc...

The funny thing is that the instruction sheet for KLASSE says, "no polymer" but we all know it is......

mx5
10-22-2001, 11:13 AM
Posted from the Webster online dictionary. Anyone remember when you used to have to buy your dictionaries? :)

Main Entry: acrylテすic

Pronunciation: &-`kri-lik

Function: adjective

Etymology: International Scientific Vocabulary acrolein + -yl + 1-ic

Date: 1855

1 : of or relating to acrylic acid or its derivatives (acrylic polymers)

2 : made or consisting of an acrylic (an acrylic window)

Main Entry: polyテすmer

Pronunciation: `pテΖ-l&-m&r

Function: noun

Etymology: International Scientific Vocabulary, back-formation from polymeric, from Greek polymerEs having many parts, from poly- + meros part -- more at MERIT

Date: 1866

: a chemical compound or mixture of compounds formed by polymerization and consisting essentially of repeating structural units

Main Entry: poテすlyテすmerテすiテすzaテすtion

Pronunciation: p&-"li-m&-r&-`zA-sh&n, "pテΖ-l&-m&-r&-

Function: noun

Etymology: International Scientific Vocabulary

Date: 1872

1 : a chemical reaction in which two or more molecules combine to form larger molecules that contain repeating structural units -- compare ASSOCIATION 5

2 : reduplication of parts in an organism