PDA

View Full Version : New car advice needed for wife?

adjulian
10-13-2001, 09:06 AM
I need some advice from my fellow autopians. I have a 330i and my wife has a Ford Focus - Sony edition. I would love to buy her a BMW Z3 conv and now would have been a great time, 3.9 financing on `01 models.

She has declined such advances and is saying that we should get it in the spring time. We have had the Focus for about 18 months and she looks great (thanks to the help of autopia) and am unsure if I do decide to move forward should I trade or try and sell outright. I know I don`t want to put alot of the negative equity of my old car into the new car. The trade price and what I owe is about $3500 diff, although my dealer said they would split the difference with me, so I would eat about $1700 and put it into the next car. I negotiated with the dealer for about $750 over invoice (that`s without the negative equite of the other car).

Any thoughts as to buying a conv in the spring and there still being a good APR, or try and do it now? Any other comments would be appreciated!!

Thanks!!

BradE
10-13-2001, 12:49 PM
If you are going to get a drop top, I would get it in late fall or winter. That is when the demand is the lowest for those cars, thus better price. If you wait until spring, chances are you are going to pay more because the demand will be higher.

I would try to wait until winter. With the economy not doing so hot, you may get a better APR down the road, and you will certianly get a better price on a drop top in the winter rather than in the spring.

Good Luck!

Lemonxxs
10-15-2001, 10:08 AM
Tell her she looks gorgous sitting in it! And the color makes her eyes stand out!

Or Buy for Xmas gift.

I agree buy it in the non-top dpown months to save $$.

rstype
10-23-2001, 11:59 PM
ShowroomLincoln has great advice, however, are you sure a Z3 is a good idea? The design is nearly the same since `96, and the suspension design dates back to the E30 (84-91.)

FYI, a good used one, about `97, should be about $19K.

C. Charles Hahn
08-06-2003, 02:16 PM
BW- mischief as usual I see :p

wash_me
08-06-2003, 04:05 PM
I hear the Z3 has very little leg room and a plastic rear window. If you could I would upgrade to a Z4.

adjulian
08-08-2003, 11:57 PM
People are still reading this thread, almost 1.5 years later...I ended up getting my wife a 2002 Ford Explorer Limited and myself a 2003 Porsche 996.

Thanks for all of the advice as usual!!

Corey Bit Spank
08-09-2003, 01:01 AM
Well now that you brought this post back from the dead...

Along these lines, somebody brought back a happy-birthday post on honda-acura.net from May and people wished him a happy birthday.