PDA

View Full Version : Off to Canada . . .

janderson
10-12-2001, 03:13 PM
Well, I am off to Canada tomorrow morning (5:30am, ouch!). I will be in Vancouver for the week at a conference. Any sites to see or places to eat? I will be checking the posts as usual, just from a little different venue. Take care all, and have great weekend!

One other thing, tragically, this morning, my door would not open. So I had to take the Bimmr to the dealership. Sadly, she will be there for a few day`s as the problem is internal. Well, I told them to NOT WASH THE CAR! No matter what temptations you might have, DON`T WASH IT! I hope that they listen.

YoSteve
10-12-2001, 05:04 PM
I put a nice reminder note on the dash or center console and hope they don`t get offended :D

imported_Intermezzo
10-12-2001, 05:31 PM
When I took my wife`s bimmer to the dealership earlier this week, I was very worried that they wouldn`t follow my instructions not to wash the car, so I printed "PLEASE DO NOT WASH. THANKS!" on two sheets of paper using extremely large fonts (they were large enough so that those five words took up the whole page). I taped one on the driver-side window and the other on the passenger window when I left.

Sure enough, when I picked the car up, they didn`t wash it. Phew what a relief. But upon closer inspection, I noticed they left a lot of fingerprints all over the paint on the hood area, the trunk and on the narrow door panel just above the passenger window. The panel above the passenger window?!?! I can`t believe that these people would actually reach out and grab a handful of my baby`s paintwork with their grimy hands just to help them get out of the passenger-side seat. The paint was in almost perfect condition, but now I see tiny little scratches where some of the fingerprints used to be when viewed under a bright flourescent lamp. This really ticks me off. I just hope this marring is just from the acrylic and not the clearcoat. Most people would be paranoid about touching the paint of a car with a good shine. Not these fools! Or maybe they got offended from my big signs!

Intermezzo

JonB
10-12-2001, 06:50 PM
Take the fingerprints to the FBI and hunt those evil doers down and make them pay!!!

H :D