PDA

View Full Version : After AIO/SG . . . What if?

Saabman
10-11-2001, 03:36 PM
Car is prepped AIOed and one coat of SG is on. Can`t leave my car in the garage for 24 hours . . . got things to do. Do I really need to wash my car again before applying another coat of SG? Or does that depend on surface dust, if it rains, etc. Clearly if I go off road and drive through muddy rivers I need to give the car a good cleaning, but is there an easier approach if I`m merely driving to work to and from work? What about QDing?

And about washing if car gets dirty. I presume my Gold Coast is ok and won`t wash away the previous coats of SG. Please say no.

Thanks for all the advice. I will say that spritzing my applicator with EF Pearl before dabbing on AIO/SG does make the job easier. The AIO looks not to cover if applied dry, but maybe it`s the Pearl then that I`m seeing. And yes, with SG, thin is definitely the way to go.

Saabman

Brad B
10-11-2001, 03:48 PM
It`s best to wash prior to waxing because the water will wash away more dust than you can with a duster and a towel. Like you said, it`s a judgement call.

Don`t worry, SG won`t wash off.

Greek Guy
10-11-2001, 03:48 PM
I would always wash the car before adding any more coats of SG or wax. You want to make sure the surface is as clean as possible.

Washing your car with Gold Class will not remove SG. You can also use a foam applicator and water to apply AIO. Save the Clear Pearl for quick detailing.

YoSteve
10-11-2001, 04:29 PM
Saabman, welcome! If you must drive your car inbetween coats of SG, why not just do it every weekend for the next 5 weeks (SG and wash). You`re going to wash weekly anyways, just apply a layer or two (at least 20 minutes apart) every weekend. You`ll get the coating weights you desire and won`t have to wash your car every day for 5 days.

BradE
10-11-2001, 04:31 PM
You could just QD it, but I dont think it is worth the risk. Its better to wash it before applying more product.