PDA

View Full Version : EF spot remover...anyone use it?

imported_roadk
10-08-2001, 08:48 PM
i`ve got a bottle of EF Spot Remover from the kit

i purchased a while ago and haven`t used it.

what can i use it for?

does anyone use it? i don`t see much menti0on of it in any of the recent forums....

what other products does it compare / compete with?

thanks guys.

--thomas

Lemonxxs
10-08-2001, 08:50 PM
I remember reading about it when someone discussed carpet or upholstery cleaner. I think it was a few days ago. It was very informative.

Brad B
10-09-2001, 07:48 AM
Do you mean EF Upholstery cleaner? I use that and am VERY happy with it.

imported_nihoole
10-09-2001, 08:24 AM
I had a couple of spots on my beige cloth interior, one was who knows and the others appeared to be grease or oil based stains from the dealer.The EF spot remover took these off like they were nothing no color problems and no bad smell.I will always keep a bottle of this stuff around.Hvae fun;)

imported_roadk
10-09-2001, 10:06 AM
brad-

it`s not the upholstery cleaner.

they have another product called `spot remover` and i`m not sure what the difference between the two is.

imported_nihoole
10-09-2001, 10:25 AM
I have seen articles that recomend the upolstrey cleaner and they say whatever it does not remove the spot remover will.See ya

pingiii
10-09-2001, 12:58 PM
I used the EF Spot Remover this weekend, and it worked fine on my GM cloth interior.

My son and I were out on a nature walk last weekend, and part of the walk was along some old railroad tracks. Well, he just had to walk the tracks, and got creosote on the cuff of his pants. When we got to the car he got it on the cloth seat. I didn`t notice it till it dried.

I first tried out the spot remover on the bottom inside of the seat to make sure it was colorfast, and it was fine.

I used a Q-tip wetted with the spot remover and tried a little on the line of stain , and it took it off immediately. I did one more followup appliciation, and then blotted the area dry. I cannot find any of the stain at all. And it did not change the fabric at all.

I was very pleased with the results. Remember to try it on an unseen spot first, and you should be fine. Enjoy!

boywonder
10-09-2001, 02:29 PM
I have the product and it works nicely when taking out a wide variety of stains. One of my passengers spilled some chocolate in the back of the Maxima. I applied some spot remover to a terry applicator and rubbed it on the spot. Poof! it was gone in short order. :D