PDA

View Full Version : Wax necessary after SG?

Blackmirror
09-30-2001, 06:59 PM
Post says it all.

Don2000g
09-30-2001, 07:22 PM
This question has been asked hundreds of times here. And the answer to your question is NO. It is certainly not necessary. During this summer, I had 7 coats of Klasse SG with no carnauba topper. I was very pleased with the results. It looked nicer than practically every car on the road. Now a carnauba topper does help though. It does give your finish that special something. It gives your car some warmth and depth.

What I and others suggest to most is to first apply a few layers of the Sealant Glaze. If your happy with the appearance and feel of your finish, then just leave it at that. Now, if you want to experiment a bit, then apply some carnauba to say the entire hood. Then judge for yourself if you like the look. Trust me, you will like the look. If you don`t want the carnauba then just give the hood a Dawn wash to remove the carnauba. Hope this helps. Laters.

Blackmirror
09-30-2001, 07:41 PM
thanks for the reply

Currently I am using Meguiars swirl remover and and #26 wax. Can`t wait to finish these so I can get Klasse products. Got 2 coats of wax on the hood, roof and trunk and one on the sides.