PDA

View Full Version : Can I apply SG over Blitz?

fhmac
09-30-2001, 10:59 AM
I know the answer to this question is somewhere in the archives, but I`m being lazy today. I have 2 coats of AIO, 3 of SG, and 1 of Blitz. Do I just keep applying layers of Blitz, or can I apply more SG and then more Blitz. Thanks.

BradE
09-30-2001, 11:05 AM
You must strip the Blitz before you can apply more SG. To strip the Blitz, wash with Dawn. Then you can add more SG. The caranuba in the Blitz will not allow the SG to bond properly, that is why you must strip it before you add and more SG.

Good Luck!!

rmccall6
09-30-2001, 11:05 AM
Nope, cant layer a polymer over a wax. Some feel thats a good reason not to top klasse (or any polymer) with a wax, but feel it works out great. I usually have time to apply 2 SG (with 12-24 hours in between). The great thing about some good polyners, klasse, zaino ect is that they retain their shine very well, much better than a wax. So i find that there is no real need to keep applying more SG because w/ two coats and a wax topper, it can last you a good 12 moths, and its recomended to mildly polish your paint once a year so youl just be removeing the layers of SG anyway. A wax on the other hand shoud be reapplied every two months or so, which brings back that wet look on top of the klasse. Now i just made everthing complicated so back to the origional question, no you cant top a wax with SG, but i wouldn`t worry about not being able to anyway.

fhmac
09-30-2001, 11:16 AM
the Blitz as a topper every month or so. Correct?

BradE
09-30-2001, 11:18 AM
Yes you can continue to use the Blitz as needed.

fhmac
09-30-2001, 11:44 AM
nt

Don2000g
09-30-2001, 02:08 PM
Showroom and Brad are correct. I disagree with the claim that Klasse will last 12 months though. It`s more like 6 months. Laters.

rmccall6
09-30-2001, 08:33 PM
Your right, 12 months is stretchin it a bit. I would trust klasse for a good 9 months though. If you have two properly applied coats (cure time inbetween) of SG over the AIO and consitantly re wax the surface (which, is creating an ablative for the klasse extending its life), i would expect it to last 9 months.

Lemonxxs
09-30-2001, 08:36 PM
I saw the name of orginal poster and I must say

Geaux TIGERS!

LSU LSU

I am Alum too!

Forget saturday against Tennesee the weeks off hurt us.

GEAUX TIGERS again!