PDA

View Full Version : Zaino residue in cracks

imported_nihoole
09-17-2001, 04:30 PM
Just waiting for a full day off with good weather to put Zaino on my cars.In preparing to do so was wandering about the no residue in crack statement.When I use wax I usally don`t wipe over cracks because of the clean up time to remove crack dust(that just does`nt sound right:D ).My question is with the Zaino do you guys just wipe right over everything and wipe off without worry of the residue in these tight areas?Thanks to any comments!

andrew43
09-17-2001, 04:33 PM
You should be using such a small amount of Zaino that residue in cracks (No, Zaino will NOT shine that up!! :D) should not be a problem. Also, Zaino dries colorless which means that you dont have a chalky white residue all over the place like with some waxes.

DETAILKING
09-17-2001, 05:26 PM
use zaino everywhere including plastic lenses......Go thin and you won`t have any problem with residue in the cracks.

rstype
09-17-2001, 07:48 PM
I understand your problem. I`ve detailed a Frontier before and those things are so hard to detail! The faux rivets on the fender flares, the fender flares itself, the complicated roof rack, and the many other seperate body parts that are bolted on to the body really get residue in them quickly.

ISLANDSBEST
09-17-2001, 08:36 PM
One of the significant benefits of Z is that you do not have to worry about the Z building up in cracks, being mistakenly applied to rubber, etc. and showing. It is really different than wax in that regard.

ALM
09-17-2001, 08:48 PM
Im not a Zaino man, but I can say that if you do have residue of any kind, try using Q-tips soaked in QD in crack, around emblems, etc. it works great.

imported_jking
09-18-2001, 07:35 AM
I have found that Eagle One - their Wipe and Shine - works the best for removing wax residue. This was named something else a couple of years ago but luckily they only changed the name not the formula. Sprayed on a boar hair brush or less exotic - well used tooth brush - this stuff just seems to melt the white wax residue away and leaves a slick finish behind. I use Final Inspection so that is what I am comparing it to. MTS